Tourflex Lift Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wha
I added the tourflex heavy's on a 100 series when I added the slee rear dual swinger in the spring. I got the tourflex because I planned to drive loaded sometimes and nearly empty other times.

It's been 6 months now and I really like the springs and the ride. On a 100 the 33" tire lines up about an inch below the top of the frame when very lightly loaded. When loaded with a RTT, drawers, fridge and two weeks camping gear the tire is about a 1/2 above the top of the frame.

The ride has not ever been harsh nor has it been bouncey. It feels really planted when loaded, I choose to carve the turns on the back roads because it feels that predictable. That is saying something on a lifted 100 series (ya ya ifs certainly helps that). Note that when it is unloaded while it is a bit looser it is still very close to the stock feel and not once would I call it harsh.

I see other folks who have standard, meaning not progressive springs, trying multiple different springs in an effort to get the right ride height and feel. I have not had to do this. I give all the credit to the td tourflex design, and they are red.

View attachment 1533716
which shocks are you running with the tour flex? are you satisfied with them
thanks!!

I’m running the Tough Dog foam cells. The rears are adjustable also. I came from a set of OME’s and these are great by comparison. Here is a thread with some more comments. 80-Series Tech

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom