Tough Dog Suspension and Slee Slider Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

706E5786-66B4-44C5-B10C-AC3661820984.jpeg
Hub to fender measurements are 22” on the front (both sides) & 23” (both sides) on the back. It’s been about 2 weeks since my install. No issue with my garage.

I finished installing the driver's side slider last Friday, went smoothly but is a little trickier than the passenger's side due to the KDSS system and hydraulic lines. Lining up the lollipop nut that goes thru the frame is a game of trial and error because you can't see thru the opening in the frame like you can on the passenger's side, probably took me 20 minutes on the DS compared to 5 at most on the PS. I would recommend installing the PS slider first, it's easier to "trial mount" the slider with jack stands so you can figure out exactly where to drill and the actual install is a bit easier too. Once I started the DS install I had a better idea of where everything needed to go, so I did not need to "trial mount" the slider and figuring out how to line up some of the more obstructed bolts was easier since I already had one side mounted. Overall the install was fairly straight forward - Slee did a great job with instructions, I had all the necessary hardware with a few extras if needed, and the final product turned out great!

Really enjoying the transformation of my 200 over the last few weeks, it has certainly taken on a new look and feel - excited to get it off the pavement soon! I did adjust my rear shocks from setting 4 down to 3 to soften it up a bit around town, pleased so far with that minor adjustment. Took a few pictures this morning of the 200 and the 80 side by side, really puts the size and height of a lifted 200 in perspective. My 80 has a 3" OME lift with 315's and used to dwarf my 200, but that's not the case anymore!

QF7jIY4.jpg

Uhl0ivV.jpg

Ud4oYcS.jpg

yyWHdHx.jpg

I finished installing the driver's side slider last Friday, went smoothly but is a little trickier than the passenger's side due to the KDSS system and hydraulic lines. Lining up the lollipop nut that goes thru the frame is a game of trial and error because you can't see thru the opening in the frame like you can on the passenger's side, probably took me 20 minutes on the DS compared to 5 at most on the PS. I would recommend installing the PS slider first, it's easier to "trial mount" the slider with jack stands so you can figure out exactly where to drill and the actual install is a bit easier too. Once I started the DS install I had a better idea of where everything needed to go, so I did not need to "trial mount" the slider and figuring out how to line up some of the more obstructed bolts was easier since I already had one side mounted. Overall the install was fairly straight forward - Slee did a great job with instructions, I had all the necessary hardware with a few extras if needed, and the final product turned out great!

Really enjoying the transformation of my 200 over the last few weeks, it has certainly taken on a new look and feel - excited to get it off the pavement soon! I did adjust my rear shocks from setting 4 down to 3 to soften it up a bit around town, pleased so far with that minor adjustment. Took a few pictures this morning of the 200 and the 80 side by side, really puts the size and height of a lifted 200 in perspective. My 80 has a 3" OME lift with 315's and used to dwarf my 200, but that's not the case anymore!

QF7jIY4.jpg

Uhl0ivV.jpg

Ud4oYcS.jpg

yyWHdHx.jpg
What a great looking pair of Cruisers! Your 200 turned out really nice, bravo! Your 80 looks really clean too...inspires me to get to working on my 80.

What a great looking pair of Cruisers! Your 200 turned out really nice, bravo! Your 80 looks really clean too...inspires me to get to working on my 80.

Thank you! Your feedback with the TD suspension over the last few months was awesome, really helped me dial in exactly what I wanted to do with my setup!

The 80 has been a great rig, use it as a beach/weekend vehicle so don’t put a ton of miles on it and try to keep it looking good. With the 80 market continuing to go up I feel like it’s a great vehicle to have in the garage, don’t plan to sell it but if the perfect 40 or 60 series came along I’d always have the option to get my money back out of it. Or maybe I’d just go to a 3 land cruiser setup if the wife wouldn’t kill me haha!

Thank you! Your feedback with the TD suspension over the last few months was awesome, really helped me dial in exactly what I wanted to do with my setup!

The 80 has been a great rig, use it as a beach/weekend vehicle so don’t put a ton of miles on it and try to keep it looking good. With the 80 market continuing to go up I feel like it’s a great vehicle to have in the garage, don’t plan to sell it but if the perfect 40 or 60 series came along I’d always have the option to get my money back out of it. Or maybe I’d just go to a 3 land cruiser setup if the wife wouldn’t kill me haha!
Lol, I hear ya - the wife and I were watching Dante’s Peal last night and I mentioned how I liked that 60 Series Cruiser in it and that we ought to add one like it to the collection...yep, all I got was “the look”!

UPDATE

This is long overdue, but figured I would follow up on my original suspension thread after 8 months of use. Still really enjoying the Tough Dog kit, ride quality has remained great and softened up just a bit over time. The biggest change is that the front has definitely settled, probably close to an inch at this point. I originally regretted using the Toyota spacers up front but am now very glad I did, got about 1/2-3/4” of rake front to rear with the 10 mm rear OME trim packers in place. The rear height has remained almost the exact same. This seems to be in line with what others have experienced, seem like mine took a little longer to settle than some but I don’t wheel hard or put a ton of miles on my 200 so that probably played a role.

The Slee sliders have been absolutely awesome, can’t say I’ve tried them out from an armor standpoint but their function as a step has been perfect and I love the way they fit the lines of the truck.

Last update is I did finally upgrade to 285/70r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The 275/70r18 KO2s just didn’t fit the size of the 200 after the lift, width was a bigger problem for me than height. The new tires look perfect to me from a size standpoint and so far I’m loving them. I’m not running any wheel spacers and I think the stance fits the lines of the truck perfectly. Some like a wider track, certainly nothing wrong with that, but I’m not a fan of wheel spacers and think they look great as is. No rubbing so far but I haven’t completely cycled the suspension - sure under articulation and at full lock there are some tight spots, know there KDSS bar is close to the front left tire from what I’ve read. Took a heat gun to the front mud flaps a few months back and that definitely helped.

Here are a few pics from a quick cruise this afternoon with my daughter and dog!

D71F00E1-FAFD-4DB1-B482-5E0A9A2B8AE2.jpeg
4F3B98D3-A042-4514-B0C8-ABB22DF8A81B.jpeg
9F492A38-1929-4987-816D-1881D2708FB1.jpeg
62237C11-2252-4A16-803F-BE8DAB289A09.jpeg

UPDATE

This is long overdue, but figured I would follow up on my original suspension thread after 8 months of use. Still really enjoying the Tough Dog kit, ride quality has remained great and softened up just a bit over time. The biggest change is that the front has definitely settled, probably close to an inch at this point. I originally regretted using the Toyota spacers up front but am now very glad I did, got about 1/2-3/4” of rake front to rear with the 10 mm rear OME trim packers in place. The rear height has remained almost the exact same. This seems to be in line with what others have experienced, seem like mine took a little longer to settle than some but I don’t wheel hard or put a ton of miles on my 200 so that probably played a role.

The Slee sliders have been absolutely awesome, can’t say I’ve tried them out from an armor standpoint but their function as a step has been perfect and I love the way they fit the lines of the truck.

Last update is I did finally upgrade to 285/70r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The 275/70r18 KO2s just didn’t fit the size of the 200 after the lift, width was a bigger problem for me than height. The new tires look perfect to me from a size standpoint and so far I’m loving them. I’m not running any wheel spacers and I think the stance fits the lines of the truck perfectly. Some like a wider track, certainly nothing wrong with that, but I’m not a fan of wheel spacers and think they look great as is. No rubbing so far but I haven’t completely cycled the suspension - sure under articulation and at full lock there are some tight spots, know there KDSS bar is close to the front left tire from what I’ve read. Took a heat gun to the front mud flaps a few months back and that definitely helped.

Here are a few pics from a quick cruise this afternoon with my daughter and dog!

View attachment 2048542View attachment 2048543View attachment 2048544View attachment 2048545

Looks awesome!! (And Go Heels!)

Looks fantastic! I'm thinking about the TD as well. Would anyone happen to have the spring rate/lift height chart they could pm me or post? Thanks

UPDATE

View attachment 2048542View attachment 2048543View attachment 2048544View attachment 2048545

Looks great! Thanks for the useful write-up.

Beautiful setup. Like it so much I'm basically copying it. Deleting my question because I figured it out.

Last edited:
I like the 34’s. I would like to do 34’s but rubbing in a deal breaker. I have a set of RW’s ready to go.
have you had any updates on rubbing?

I like the 34’s. I would like to do 34’s but rubbing in a deal breaker. I have a set of RW’s ready to go.
have you had any updates on rubbing?

I’m not having any issues with these tires rubbing with my setup now, did have to go back in with the heat gun and adjust the front mud flaps more. Know some folks just take them off but I like the protection they offer. I can’t say enough good things about the Ridge Grapplers after running them for a few months, great looking tire with awesome road characteristics - very pleased!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom