TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Semi rant: Such a thoughtful gift. This is literally like 2 years worth of cookies in our house, as the giver knows well (and they also know my hatred of wasting food). It's 3.53lbs. On the off chance that the sender was trying to covertly suggest that we need to entertain more, I hearby cancel their future invitations for 5 years. But, hey...that's a lot of cookies for $15, and isn't that really the reason for the season?
View attachment 3230617

View attachment 3230618
ahahah, that's great - I on the other hand bought this for my so last year and then *I* proceeded to eat it within 2 months (may have been less)...... so kudos to you....
Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 8.34.07 AM.png

Semi rant: Such a thoughtful gift. This is literally like 2 years worth of cookies in our house, as the giver knows well (and they also know my hatred of wasting food). It's 3.53lbs. On the off chance that the sender was trying to covertly suggest that we need to entertain more, I hearby cancel their future invitations for 5 years. But, hey...that's a lot of cookies for $15, and isn't that really the reason for the season?

Yeah, but 4 cookies is the serving size for quitters.

Why TF do they automatically turn to spending money, billions. It's so maddening. Not only will they waste money, construction makes it worse.

Just pull over and ticket people for 'unsafe movement'. I see at least 5 causes of wrecks and slowdowns each morning and afternoon. It's not rocket science. It's slapping us in the face. It's right out in the open.

Hire more troopers and patrol. Cheaper and immediate. Why is it so hard?

I get they love to spend others money. But imagine the kudos a politician/police captain would get if they solved the traffic problem comparativly overnight, for far less than billions.

You can always move to Montana, raise a crop of dental floss!

Why TF do they automatically turn to spending money, billions. It's so maddening. Not only will they waste money, construction makes it worse.

Just pull over and ticket people for 'unsafe movement'. I see at least 5 causes of wrecks and slowdowns each morning and afternoon. It's not rocket science. It's slapping us in the face. It's right out in the open.

Hire more troopers and patrol. Cheaper and immediate. Why is it so hard?

I get they love to spend others money. But imagine the kudos a politician/police captain would get if they solved the traffic problem comparativly overnight, for far less than billions.
Agreed. More lanes and construction will not FIX this. More fines or revoking driver privelages will definitley help.

More highway patrol pulling over people that are causing dangerous situations on the road would be nice. Not just hiring more highway patrol officers. Just have to pull over more people to justify their salary. That slows down traffic too.
I got pulled over for 65 in a 55 the other day on 55 east of New Bern. 1100 in the morning on a four lane highway with two cars in the span of about two miles on the road around me. I was speeding so I own that. Thank God it’s NC and I can pay a lawyer to plead me out with improper equipment or something. I love giving back to the community. No tickets in the last 30 years.
City and county planning commissions controlling growth is the key but will never happen when money is to be made by urban sprawl. Gotta pay for new Starbucks and Amazon.

More highway patrol pulling over people that are causing dangerous situations on the road would be nice. Not just hiring more highway patrol officers. Just have to pull over more people to justify their salary. That slows down traffic too.
I got pulled over for 65 in a 55 the other day on 55 east of New Bern. 1100 in the morning on a four lane highway with two cars in the span of about two miles on the road around me. I was speeding so I own that. Thank God it’s NC and I can pay a lawyer to plead me out with improper equipment or something. I love giving back to the community. No tickets in the last 30 years.
City and county planning commissions controlling growth is the key but will never happen when money is to be made by urban sprawl. Gotta pay for new Starbucks and Amazon.
Number 1 speed trap in the area where u got pulled. Complete bs for sure. Cops are always sitting there.

Public Service Announcement:

While driving on the highway, do you feel the need for stepping on the brakes and slowing down traffic for no apparent reason? You are not an a55hoIe, you are a victim and suffer from Random Braking Syndrome, or RBS. RBS has been clinically proven to be a debilitating disease that impacts many, many drivers in the Carolinas, and while other drivers on the highway honk, and give you obscene hand gestures for causing multiple vehicle accidents, we, at the Random Braking Syndrome Support Group, RBSSG, invite you to attend our support meetings. We will not judge you, and will let you talk about your feelings that allow your mind to wander while driving a 5,000lb hunk of metal at 70mph without a care in the world or any situational awareness.

RBSSG, we are here for you....💋

Group%20Meeting.jpg

Right! I am ranting with sarcasm. Had to drive this morning to pick up a power steering return tube, 55 mile round trip on the highway at 7am, and was reminded of how idiotic drivers are with a little rain, freaking dangerous.

Couldn't figure out if this was rant or funny, probably both. Ordered a $5 power steering box seal washer from VA, figured it would be 2 days or so to Charlotte. So good start, it got to Richmond quickly, great that's 4 hours away....But then USPS decided to send it to Buffalo, then Rochester, where I moved from 22 years ago after 15 years working there.... wondering where it will go next. I bet we can track it and make a connect the dots picture.

1676060464532.png

Couldn't figure out if this was rant or funny, probably both. Ordered a $5 power steering box seal washer from VA, figured it would be 2 days or so to Charlotte. So good start, it got to Richmond quickly, great that's 4 hours away....But then USPS decided to send it to Buffalo, then Rochester, where I moved from 22 years ago after 15 years working there.... wondering where it will go next. I bet we can track it and make a connect the dots picture.

View attachment 3244770
I think we could make a rant thread just for FedEx/USPS at this point.... I hear you.

America baby. Just watched this azz clown throw a cigarette butt on the ground. Cigarette butts are litter. Ugh.

CAD060F6-306B-4924-A624-91EE55E2AD21.jpeg

America baby. Just watched this azz clown throw a cigarette butt on the ground. Cigarette butts are litter. Ugh.

View attachment 3245681
You should have gone over to the person and told them you were a retired U.S. Army SGM and that they better pick it up as well as any others in the area. Make them do a police call of the parking lot, then they will think twice the next time! :clap:

You should have gone over to the person and told them you were a retired U.S. Army SGM and that they better pick it up as well as any others in the area. Make them do a police call of the parking lot, then they will think twice the next time! :clap:
That would be awesome. He would have shot me. 😂

Worth it just to see the guys face. I got out of my car the other day in traffic to commend a nice gentleman on his use of the #1 gesture in my direction. His b1tch a$$ drove off before we could have a discussion. People these days have no respect for themselves or others. By others, I mean the stark raving lunatic I was imitating while walking towards his car. I am hopeful that I saved him from behaving badly towards someone wishing him ill intent in the future. I saw it as a public service. You should too.

Aholes and Elbows?

and after you ask them if they want a smoke break, LOL. Some idiot always says yes.

The challenges of fb marketplace and people being able to read.

BDD94481-7684-4954-94C7-7D0598271AB9.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom