Torque wrenching bead lockers on DD .. how often? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn Christo :eek: how did you convert stock toy rims to bead's?

How well do they hold air?

The beadlocks were converted by Champion. I ran them for a season. Never had air issues, but the bolts kept breaking the heads off. This was on a street truck that I did about 5k miles with on the road.

sleeoffroad said:
The beadlocks were converted by Champion. I ran them for a season. Never had air issues, but the bolts kept breaking the heads off. This was on a street truck that I did about 5k miles with on the road.

Were you breaking the grade 8 bolts that Champion includes?

sleeoffroad said:
Hi Ty,

Maybe these are just want you wanted.

Those look pretty cool. Keeps one in a stock look. However I am looking to widen out my base, and go with 10" wheels. Just going to be plain black "Rock Crawler" wheels from 4wheelparts. They're steel, and cheap so the additional cost of secondairs won't hurt too bad. Besides the second valve, it should be a pretty stealthy setup. In any case it makes a good excuse to purchase some Staun tire deflators and if I'm feeling really rich, a Powertank :D

TY

Does anybody know of anyplace that sells secondairs for less than say $175 a tire?????

Dats getting a little pricey when you want five tires. :eek:

reffug said:
Does anybody know of anyplace that sells secondairs for less than say $175 a tire?????

Dats getting a little pricey when you want five tires. :eek:
Call OK4WD in NJ and ask for Chuck. He might be able to hook you up with a deal...

Nick

Stock rims are 16x8 and generally when a company adds bead locks to a wheel it will widen the wheel by about 1.5". That would bring you close to the 16x10 rim that you want.

mooker82 said:
Stock rims are 16x8 and generally when a company adds bead locks to a wheel it will widen the wheel by about 1.5". That would bring you close to the 16x10 rim that you want.

Mook.....secondair's are internal beadlocks. :D

16X8 = 16X8 and yes its what I want. :D

reffug said:
Mook.....secondair's are internal beadlocks. :D

16X8 = 16X8 and yes its what I want. :D

Oops, :doh: I meant when adding external beadlocks like in Slee's picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom