Torque Pro or OBD2 scanner data logging (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SJWantsADiesel

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
I am preparing to install a TRD SuperCharger on my 2000 LC. Bought a OBD2 scanner and I am using Torque Pro to monitor/log data. Any advise on what/how to monitor specifically to identify any existing issues with the engine/fuel system that might be aggravated by a SC? I have been monitoring Short/Long term fuel trim and both stay well under -/+10% all the time.

Thanks!

Why don't you go old school and use a vacuum gauge and do a compression test to assess.
I'd suggest a leak-down test if a regular compression test shows any weirdness.

Pick up a wideband o2 sensor w/ gauge to monitor AFR. AEM Uego is top notch for the price.

Also monitor timing at WOT and listen for detonation. Not sure if these ECM's have high and low octane tables to fall back on if the knock sensors pick something up but I'd look into that. I'm an LSx guy, not familiar at all with these Toyota engines aside from knowing they last forever.

Last edited:
Pick up a wideband o2 sensor w/ gauge to monitor AFR. AEM Uego is top notch for the price.
I am mostly a noob. So does this O2 sensor replace the OEM/installed ones?

Also monitor timing at WOT and listen for detonation. Not sure if these ECM's have high and low octane tables to fall back on if the knock sensors pick something up but I'd look into that. I'm an LSx guy, not familiar at all with these Toyota engines aside from knowing they last forever.
What's WOT? :D

I am mostly a noob. So does this O2 sensor replace the OEM/installed ones?

What's WOT? :D

Nope it's separate. You want to place it as close to the manifold as possible, you'll need to get an o2 bung welded first. Do some research on these engines and see if one bank(side) runs leaner than the other. Place it on the side that runs the leanest if there is one, that way you're monitoring the side that's likely to cause problems. If you're real paranoid you could put one on both sides but I wouldn't bother.

And WOT = wide open throttle. While you're still learning I'd highly recommend finding a reputable Toyota tuner in your area to do a dyno or street(preferable) tune. But I really know nothing about these engines or the effects of the TRD S/C. Some s/c kits come with a canned tuner that's sufficient and safe.

Anxiety on a shoestring [compared to drugs]. you, people, are nuts..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom