Torque Converter Handling of Heavy Loads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another option, albeit more expensive than an upgraded cooler, would be a cast aluminum pan. This solution adds 3/4 gallon of additional fluid capacity as well as increased heat dissipation potential.

Obviously a lot goes into the cooling strategy decision. With you living in SoCal, you don't have the same cold weather concerns that I do up at 4,200 ft in Oregon. While the well-engineered 200 Series system includes both a warmer and cooler, these were designed as a balanced system. Oversizing one without the other runs the risk of unintended consequences. As was said above, too cold isn't great either.

1665527966752.png

Another option, albeit more expensive than an upgraded cooler, would be a cast aluminum pan. This solution adds 3/4 gallon of additional fluid capacity as well as increased heat dissipation potential.

Obviously a lot goes into the cooling strategy decision. With you living in SoCal, you don't have the same cold weather concerns that I do up at 4,200 ft in Oregon. While the well-engineered 200 Series system includes both a warmer and cooler, these were designed as a balanced system. Oversizing one without the other runs the risk of unintended consequences. As was said above, too cold isn't great either.

View attachment 3138278

That's really interesting. Never new these things existed for our platform. And looks like there's several possible options on the market. I'll have to give this some thought. Wonder if they reduce ground clearance?

1665536659764.png

I can't see how they wouldn't hang down lower. That fluid has to go somewhere. Another consideration is that the stamped steel will stretch and deform under impact where the cast aluminum will crack and shatter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom