Tore into BEB's . . . wrong bearings!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is about as frusterated as a guy can get I'm sure. Pulled the truck apart, making sure I had everything I need ahead of time. Borrowed a car for hte day in case anythign came up.

Something came up alright!! 4 wheel auto sold me the wrng bearings :doh:

They are closed all weekend and I need my truck for work monday. This sucks!

I know mistakes happen, just SUPER frusterated here.

Just when I got the oil pan off (what a PITA that is!) I figure it's all down hill from here. Well, not so much I guess. :censor:

Sorry for the random thread, needed to vent.

James

Poopy! Too bad I'm in Vancouver. I've got set sitting here thatI won't be needing. I wish I could just run 'em over!

How can you tell which ones are needed?

I need to do mine and I was wondering which ones to get and where exactly to order them from.

If you still have those extra ones you aren't needing and I can use them on mine I will take them.

What oil and filter are you using?

Someone should make a list for us DIYer's.

Dan

mac said:
Poopy! Too bad I'm in Vancouver. I've got set sitting here thatI won't be needing. I wish I could just run 'em over!

Oh man that would have been sweet!!

I have been in Edmonton for not even a year, before that . . . Surrey haha. Too bad that's no longer the case

Thanks for the thought though :cheers:

Last edited:
JDMGoodness said:
How can you tell which ones are needed?

I need to do mine and I was wondering which ones to get and where exactly to order them from.

If you still have those extra ones you aren't needing and I can use them on mine I will take them.

What oil and filter are you using?

Someone should make a list for us DIYer's.

Dan

The only way i could tell which ones are needed would be to compare them side by side with the ones out of the truck . . . sorry can't be of much help there! I can post the part number of the ones that won't be working tomorrow if you guys want.

You can order them from 4Wheel Auto, but maybe ask them to double check they are the right ones. :idea:

I am hoping (assuming really) that 4 wheel auto will take these back and exchange me the right ones. I sure hope so. If for some insane reason they refuse and these will work for you, you are certainly welcome to them.

I'm using a terrain tamer oil filter - also from 4 wheel auto. And a 15w40 synthetic oil which is (you guessed it) from 4 wheel auto.

I hope to get this taken care of Monday after work . . . shouldn't be too bad, taking the oil pan off is definately the worst part of this job.

That's too bad about the wrong bearings. Is there 3 to choose from?

Would be much easier to have them before pulling everything apart.

I might just end up taking it in and getting it done while I'm on vacation.

Just don't have the time or patience to have the wrong parts when I tear it apart.

What is the part number of the bearings they sold you?
ACL or other mfg?

The number on the box is BMM707 STD

The number on the bearings is 8397-L ??

The box also says "T01HZ/1HD-T MAIN SET" and lower down 3105F

They are ACL yes.

ACL main bearings - 7M8397
ACL BEBs - 6B8396 STD

HDJ80 part numbers from: www.gimmecarparts.com.au

from my BEB change post:

Thanks G&S Cruiser Parts for supplying me with the right parts! (and encouragement to get 'r done now!)

Hope you asked for the BEBs and not the mains...

g'luck, -Steve

wussyPup said:
ACL main bearings - 7M8397
ACL BEBs - 6B8396 STD

HDJ80 part numbers from: www.gimmecarparts.com.au

from my BEB change post:

Thanks G&S Cruiser Parts for supplying me with the right parts! (and encouragement to get 'r done now!)

Hope you asked for the BEBs and not the mains...

g'luck, -Steve

I definately asked for the BEB's . . . there is no doubt about that!

These things happen I guess, I just hope they sort me out tomorrow :)

Just got back from 4 wheel auto, they sorted me out no questions asked. Just handed me a box of BEB's and apolagized.

Frusterating situation, but I really couldn't have asked for anything more from them (well maybe the correct bearings to begin with)

They handled the situation exactly as I hoped they would.

So :cheers: to 4 Wheel Auto in Edmonton :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom