Tomorrow I celebrate 3650 days on MUD ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Remember.jpg

:) Give Back.....

Give Back | The Old Motor

OLDTIMER MARKT Kinderkrebshilfe-Spendenaktion

Closing date: Jan,4 2019

Oldtimerspendenaktion : Oldtimer und Youngtimer gewinnen
Google Translate
Closing date: Jan 20,2019

DSC01860.JPG

Talked to these friendly 4 legged 1hp friends today.
They told me they would donate if they could type the numbers in.
Asked me what the name of the Cruiser is and I told them it`s ...

...Moulin Rouge the Red 45 Can.
Best name we ever heard congratulation, Sir.
Asked me how much I give.
Told them 45 Euro....
...that´s fine, Sir they responded.... have a nice day, Sir.

DSC01825-001.JPG

Last edited:
Last edited:
I´m a modest guy .....
need not too much ....
the only reason I would butcher my piggy bank to complete Moulin Rouge is a hood ornament.
Not any hood ornament only the one and only hood ornamnet that would fit
Moulin Rouge the Red 45 can.

t7ppzxa7w7a11.jpg

1911 Fiat Tipo 6
"Originally owned by race driver William Wallace, who entered the car in the Eagle Rock Hill Climb and two Vanderbilt Cup races, this 1911 Fiat Tipo 6 was one of the fastest cars of its day. It is powered by a straight-six of 9,017cc."
1911 Fiat Tipo 6 History, Pictures, Value, Auction Sales, Research and News

DSC01644.JPG

98b82ca2843368342dbed535efc2f918.gif

Thierry Dubois french cartoonist
He prefers to draw cars and the atmosphere of the street and is mainly concerned with the Route nationale 7. His stories mainly play in the 1950s / 60s. He also works as an illustrator for the press and books

One of his albums describes the history of the transport company Geodis Calberson (1904-2004).
Drawing Dubois the RN7 in Lapalisse
As an author he works with the Belgian cartoonist Jean-Luc Delvaux on the series The Adventures of Jacques Gibrat,
UNE AVENTURE DE JACQUES GIPAR | Groupe Paquet
http://groupepaquet.net/sites/default/files/couv_2d/couv2d_9782888904076.jpg

Last edited:
Another 2018 Anniversary......
.....the eighth anniversary of

logo.gif

as a website.
Great website..... it´s a must every day.
Happy New Year to all on the Old Motor Eighth Anniversary | The Old Motor
An extract of a reply Mr.Dennis M :
"...at the age of two I could ID more than 25 makes and models * of cars! It’s all in the genes!"

That could be me :)
*... only one type of flowers is boring.

My father always wanted a Porsche 356 *
mother a BMW 501/502 nickname Barockengel .....
BMW 501 - Wikipedia
502-3d1.jpg

bmw 502 - Google Search

.... our first car was a VW Beetle ... no chance to squeeze 2 kids and a Dobermann....

(got her from an US Army member who left Germany....her name was Princess)
dobermann_55X40-500x500.jpg

..... in a Porsche 356 :)

Last edited:
Back to the first post and .....

41VBBHqVH0L.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Emblem-Antique-Coca-Cola-Openroad/dp/B01LWNVBUM

Coca-Cola sign on the moon a joke from the Cold War times.
Astronaut: “Houston, we have a problem.”
Houston: “What?”
Astronaut: “The Russians painted the moon red!”
Houston: “Well, do you guys have white paint with you?”
Astronaut: “Yes. Why?”
Houston: “Write Coca-Cola on it.”

Coca+cola+logo.png

Last edited:
Everything has an end, only the sausage has two .......

X2011_4_10368_399.jpg

Picture: Museum of the City of New York 1220 Fifth Ave. New York, NY 10029

...dot

Last edited:
100 Years of Adjustable Light
The Origin and Topicality of Flexible Lighting

1919 was a year of upheaval, of social and political renewal. One hundred years ago, electricity and electrical lighting arrived at factories and homes alike. In the same year, the engineer Curt Fischer from Thuringia had his ‘adjustable universal wall arm’ patented. Born from the necessity of providing suitable lighting for the workstations in his own factory, he developed ‘special illumination devices’, lamps with a large degree of flexibility and for multiple applications. These lamps have now been produced for 100 years and their distinctive aesthetics integrate perfectly into various environments, at work, in the office or at home. The 1920s design avant-garde at the Bauhaus and elsewhere discovered Fischer’s lighting devices and applied them according to their needs. Designers like Marianne Brandt, Marcel Breuer, Walter Gropius and Laszlo Moholy-Nagy, and also Lyonel Feininger, Egon Eiermann, Sep Ruf and Jan Tschichold were fascinated by the lamps’ glare-free and adjustable light. Architects, photographers, typographers and painters used them in their studios and designed interiors, in which ‘the Midgard’, as a modern lighting appliance, was a firm favourite. Featuring original lamps, patents, letters and drawings, as well as short videos, the exhibition recounts the evolution of the lamps from the Thuringian company, alongside contemporary and current developments from various designers and manufacturers.

100 Years of Adjustable Light
The Origin and Topicality of Flexible Lighting

1919 was a year of upheaval, of social and political renewal. One hundred years ago, electricity and electrical lighting arrived at factories and homes alike. In the same year, the engineer Curt Fischer from Thuringia had his ‘adjustable universal wall arm’ patented. Born from the necessity of providing suitable lighting for the workstations in his own factory, he developed ‘special illumination devices’, lamps with a large degree of flexibility and for multiple applications. These lamps have now been produced for 100 years and their distinctive aesthetics integrate perfectly into various environments, at work, in the office or at home. The 1920s design avant-garde at the Bauhaus and elsewhere discovered Fischer’s lighting devices and applied them according to their needs. Designers like Marianne Brandt, Marcel Breuer, Walter Gropius and Laszlo Moholy-Nagy, and also Lyonel Feininger, Egon Eiermann, Sep Ruf and Jan Tschichold were fascinated by the lamps’ glare-free and adjustable light. Architects, photographers, typographers and painters used them in their studios and designed interiors, in which ‘the Midgard’, as a modern lighting appliance, was a firm favourite. Featuring original lamps, patents, letters and drawings, as well as short videos, the exhibition recounts the evolution of the lamps from the Thuringian company, alongside contemporary and current developments from various designers and manufacturers.

picture:© Jenner Egberts

Last edited:
enjoy ;)
“Will We Ever Kill the Bug?”
VW1.jpg

......Last week while watching a snowstorm pass through a Volkswagen “Beetle” TV commercial from the 1960s came to mind which asked the question, “Have you ever wondered how the man who drives a snow plow…..gets to the snow plow?” .......

Interesting comment about snowplow drivers. Just last week the plow driver on the other side of our mountain was stuck in traffic because of cars sliding all over the place. No Volkswagen, he had a pickup truck, but point well-taken. Our guys here arrive early before a storm and start plowing once it starts. They'll continue making runs throughout the night until it stops snowing; and then before leaving, lay down a bed of cinders--no salt allowed in our local National Forest.

Yep, VW had a reputation for never giving up--like a cockroach !

:)Before the VW New Beetle was born 1997 they made some concept design studies.
In 1993 I visited a VW concept car exhibition.
Audi Head of Exterior Design Achim Badstubner and Head of Concept Design Studio Steve Lewis

Steve Lewis, head of the concept design using the automotive modeling tape
crosslanecoupe32.jpg

June 14, 2004 01:00 AM
Steve Lewis doesn't hide his admiration for Jaguar, even though he doesn't work for the company. Seat's Design Center Director proudly displays some of his Jaguar scale model collection in his office in Martorell, Spain. Jaguar helped Lewis become an automotive designer by sponsoring his
training at London's Royal College of Art. But Volkswagen was the company that gave Lewis his first full-time design job. He started with VW in 1990 and worked on the 1992 Polo and two generations of the Golf in.....

I own a VW New Beetle design study Steve Lewis made in 1993 got it from him at the exhibition 1993.
It´s an original & signed by him....
....framed behind glass .:)

Last edited:
:)Before the VW New Beetle was born 1997 they made some concept design studies.
In 1993 I visited a VW concept car exhibition.

I own a VW New Beetle design study Steve Lewis made in 1993 got it from him at the exhibition 1993.
It´s an original & signed by him....
....framed behind glass .:)

Was one of the first New Beetle design studies they made 1993 with a rear engine.
If they would ever build one again they couldn´t answer at that time...

....the first time we have seen one on the road was in the USA.
Think they sold the New Beetle first in the USA.

Oh, this reminds me that we have seen the new 1996 introduced Mercedes-Benz SLK

the first time in the UAE before you could see the SLK in a showroom in Europe.
They presented the new one in our Hotel in Abu Dhabi,/ United Arab Emirates we stayed for some days.
Later we traveled the Oman

Best time to travel the Globe was between 1980 -2005 and we did it.
Less tourists around ....no internet, no smart phone ....no machine that show you the way you have to drive.
You needed road maps and to prepare your trip you have to read books before ... incredible today.:)

Last edited:
My rear view mirror with clock I have had in the 45 should be a 1920 's 1930 's car accessory.
Found the mirror somewhere in the USA during a trip .... loved it immediately.
Don`t know what I´ve paid for and never thought I would nail it in a Land Cruiser.
But my FJ45 can was perfect and so the can got the clock

produced by the New Haven Clock Company.
The New Haven Clock Company produced a variety of aftermarket automobile clocks. *

Found a pic of a simiiar rear view mirror clock
Vintage Automobile Rear View Mirror with Clock-Ford Model A-?.
Vintage-Automobile-Rear-View-Mirror-with-Clock-Ford-Model.jpg

Memories.... memories.... memories .....;)
* New Haven Clock Company ....
1931-PAPER-AD-New-Haven-Car-Auto-Automobile.jpg

....founded in 1853,
The New Haven Clock Company was the first to mass-produce brass clock movements in America. The company was formed to supply these movements to the Jerome Manufacturing Company, then the largest clockmaker in the world. When Jerome went bankrupt in 1856, New Haven Clock Company purchased it.

If someone wants to make his or her 45 can unique .... ;)
.... all you have do to is buy it & fix it on a LC mirror arm.
A real nice one. $299.95
1930-1938 Standard Mirror Car Auto Clock Mirror wind up
cl-asm-2T.jpg

cl-asm-3T.jpg

...This clock is in excellent cosmetic condition. It runs stong, and winds and sets as it should. It comes as part of a rear view mirror assembly that has its own mounting bracket at rear. The mirror glass is perfect. There is one area where mirror paint has scuffed at rear (could easily be redone). Face of clock is excellent as are hands and graphics. Rare find, great price!

You'll never walk alone......since 14 years :)

taeglicher-spaziergang.jpg

Every morning in Frankfurt's Fechenheim district, an Arabian mare named Jenny takes a leisurely stroll through the streets by herself. But she has to wear a card that reads: "I'm called Jenny, not a runaway, just taking a walk. Thanks."
For more than a decade police have had to tell worried pedestrians calling in that Jenny is known throughout the neighborhood and that she does not present a danger, local media reported this week.
"The police know. When someone calls in, the police ask me: 'Werner, do you know where Jenny is?' Yes, I say. 'Ok, then everything is in order,'" Jenny's owner, Werner Weischedel, told "Maintower," a news show.
"We've never had to do anything before," police spokeswoman Isabell Neumann told German news agency dpa.

Last edited:
My rear view mirror with clock I have had in the 45 should be a 1920 's 1930 's car accessory.
Found the mirror somewhere in the USA during a trip .... loved it immediately.
Don`t know what I´ve paid for and never thought I would nail it in a Land Cruiser.
But my FJ45 can was perfect and so the can got the clock
......................................................................................45 can unique:)

The Ford was build about 45 years and 16x45 days before the red 45 can.
If you want to recheck .. use your
Dalton adding machine.
33074253438_6b0ab8d52b_b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom