SOLD TN: 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser "Triple Locked" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
White
I am considering selling my "Triple Locked" 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser. I purchased it back at the first of the year with grand plans of baselining everything and taking it on many adventures but unfortunately, life has changed a little and I just haven't managed to get out in it as much as I would like so I'd like to free up the money for another project. Note, the build is older but was done with some really great parts. Lots of life left in this 100. Everything pretty much works with the exception of the Cruise Control. No problematic rust but there is a little surface rust here and there. Rear lift gate has a little rust in it at the usual spots but again, not in need or replacement any time soon. I've seen much much worse and few better around here. It's not been a mall crawler, it has been wheeled so it has some imperfections here and there, a few creaks and rattles but it runs and drives fantastic. Sunroof works and does not leak. A/C works fantastic. Is it a perfect 100?...no. Will it cost you 30K+ on Bring a Trailer?....no. I love this 100, wanted one forever and I'll most likely kick myself for selling but that's life. It has a great service history with Toyota and from what I can tell, prior owners have given it what it needed. Mileage is currently around 267K but I still drive it from time to time so that will go up a little.

Notable Additions:
- ARB bumper
- ARB / OME Lift with Diff Drop kit
- ARB front and rear air lockers
- ARB compressor
- Safari snorkel
- Baja Standard Rack (also have the 10” light bar option that will go with it)
- New 34” Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires installed 3/1/22 (295/70 R18)
- Used Nitto spare of same size goes with.
- Warn Endurance 12k winch w synthetic rope
- White Knuckle Off Road sliders with full diamond plate top panels
- Doug Thorley Headers
- DC Power 270A High Output alternator
- Slotted & dimpled front and rear rotors
- Pioneer NAV head unit with Carplayv
- New OEM speakers (JBL)
- Dual Optima yellow top batteries
- Upgraded 2003+ LC 18” wheels (painted black)
- Hella LED’s on bumper
- YadaTeq CB Antenna mount
- Pro-fit Phone/electronics mount
- WeatherTech front, middle and rear floor liners
- Curt Trailer Hitch

Service/Maintenance highlights from me, prior owner and service records

- New hood struts (11/2021)
- Resealed the roof rack mounting bolts (5/22)
- New heater T’s 263k (7/2021)
- Replaced lock actuator motor in rear lift gate (1/22)
- Mobil 1 oil change 266k (5/22)
- New front calipers/pads 263k (5/2021)
- Transmission serviced/flushed 259k (12/2018)
- Replaced lower oil pan 256k (4/2018)
- Replaced timing belt, water pump, cam seals, idler pulley, drive belt at 264k (1/24/22)
- Driveshafts lubed 264K (1/24/22)
- Replaced resonator 246k (5/2016)
- Replaced RR wheel speed sensor 246k (4/2016)
- Cooling system flush, brake fluid flush, new alternator 246k (3/2016)
- Transmission flush, Tune-up (new spark plugs, air filter, induction service, new belt 230k (5/2013)--

Things it could use (I like to be as open and honest as possible)

- Replace front CV Axles, It has the driveline clunk going from D to R and a little vibration under load at speed. I have two new Toyota CV Axles that will go with it as well as new flanges.
- One thing I will do if I keep it is to re-sort any aftermarket wiring including the dual batteries. It needs to be a little cleaner for my taste
- The Exhaust has some squeaks/rattles and could probably stand to be replaced at some point. There are no holes but you can hear it squeak/rattle a little from age. Most noticeable are the Cat heat shields that rattle a little on cold start up.
- Pro-Toy (local shop) took a look at this 100 when I purchased it. They indicated that they thought it could use new rear axle seals. My plan was to do those at the same time I replace the front CVs but since I haven't driven it much lately, I haven't gotten to that yet.

I'm asking $19500. Title in hand.

tempImage0GZAzo.png

tempImageDT42VP.png

tempImagefiK0U1.png

tempImageUt6TBg.png

tempImageS5YCwp.png

Last edited:
Beautiful, definitely interested. How’s the A/C holding up?
It will freeze you out. It honestly works better than my 2004 Tundra or my wife's Odyssey. Automatic temp control seems to work very well. I just keep it on auto and it does the rest.

As much as I would love an 80, I really can't do a trade on this one. The only reason I am even considering selling it is to take that money and put it toward another project. Thanks though.

As much as I would love an 80, I really can't do a trade on this one. The only reason I am even considering selling it is to take that money and put it toward another project. Thanks though.
No worries, good luck with the sale! Beautiful truck!

Awesome 100! Can vouch for seller being a stand up guy, fair and honest. Wish I could swing this one, thanks again for your time!

Awesome 100! Can vouch for seller being a stand up guy, fair and honest. Wish I could swing this one, thanks again for your time!
Thanks, I appreciate that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom