TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

M8000 winch now $200

Seems even better. Now all I need is a 16k Warn for $200 and I’d be set... even 9500 would be light for my 2wd rig. Haven’t needed a winch on the 40 since I took it off in ‘96

None of that made sense to me. :confused: If you haven't needed a winch, and you're 2wd, why would you need an even larger winch?

On an aside, I bought that 9.5xp winch; not sure why the ad is still up. And trust me, it would have been plenty for a 2wd 40. Most powerful/fastest winch that Warn makes I believe? The 6hp motor is used as an upgrade for 8274s....

You need to sort out your front diff and get 4wd again....

I was meaning for the ambulance with Duallies and LSD... not the 40. The Ambo is 9000 lbs on a good day... by most standards that’d mean a 15k winch.

The 40 has 4WD, just different ratios in the front and rear axles. If I ever need 4WD I can use it... I just cannot drive it in 4WD when traction is good. One of these days I’ll build my spare front axle to swap in and swap the knuckles across when I install it. I have everything but the gasket and seal kit.

Last edited:
None of that made sense to me. :confused: If you haven't needed a winch, and you're 2wd, why would you need an even larger winch?

On an aside, I bought that 9.5xp winch; not sure why the ad is still up. And trust me, it would have been plenty for a 2wd 40. Most powerful/fastest winch that Warn makes I believe? The 6hp motor is used as an upgrade for 8274s....

You need to sort out your front diff and get 4wd again....

You should be set with the 9.5X

I’ve got an 8274 if you wanted to build a kick ass winch.

You should be set with the 9.5X

I’ve got an 8274 if you wanted to build a kick ass winch.

Sorry, didn't realize you meant the ambulance. Although, the winch originally came off a BC Hydro service truck. Probably similar weight? With a snatch block you'd be good to go I'd think.

My truck is pretty light, so the 9500 will be fine for me. Put the 8274 on your 40, and put your proper ratio front diff in! I know it's hard to find time though....

It is about time to rebuild the front end.

I have a decent winch for the 40... it just needs time also. It’s not quite as strong as an 8274, but the build quality is superb, and it’ll drag a heavy vehicle 50’ without complaining much.

The 8274 needs a new sprocket... which aren’t available for it’s original motor. And a solenoid pack.

Was up at demxx in coombs this morning. Had two bigass pallets of these straps for 5 bucks apiece. I grabbed a couple, no good for insurance companies on cranes anymore but plenty strong for a treesaver or something.
Must've been 500+ of them on the pallets.
20180917_131353.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom