Title/vin discrepancy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased a 66 fj40 in California and live in Nevada. While trying the register and title in my name I had a vin verification done by the Nv dmv and they pointed out my title does not match my vin. The state of California title issued to the previous owner in the mid 1980’s has the vin listed as T66fj40……. And everywhere on the vehicle it reads the same except for the first 3 digits (T66) do not exist. Not sure what to do.

C062DD25-E199-4869-AB3A-0ECE6C5E4838.jpeg

T66 would be a round brass tag held on by one of the four screws on the VIN plaque under the hood. My guess is the FJ40 was made in 65 or 64. The tag shows the year it was first sold.

I know my non factory heater 9/64 FJ45 the plaque is on the passenger side of the fire wall. My 9/68 FJ40 the plaque is on the passenger fender below the battery. 66 would be one or the other. Would be held on with four screws not rivets.

I’ve dealt with something similar in WA: the licensing agent on 3 different cruisers at some point added an extra 0 so it reads “FJ400xxxx..” In each instance I’ve just had to do a state inspection with the state patrol and they’ll check it over and approve a change in the licensing system (or not…). So long as your VIN is close and it’s easy to understand what happens it should be fixed fine. Not so much if your title says 3jk3557fg… and your VIN says FJ40xxxx.
See if your state offers similar vin inspection/verification?

When I bought my FJ45 it had the the brass Tag T65 to the vin on the front as you described. I explained this to the DMV but they chose to register with the T65 on the title as I received it. I intend to have it inspected and corrected after I get it back on the road. I was happy they just let me register it as is. I may be hard to find but I would look for someone willing to listen at the DMV and try to explain it to them or the vin inspector.

When I bought my FJ45 it had the the brass Tag T65 to the vin on the front as you described. I explained this to the DMV but they chose to register with the T65 on the title as I received it. I intend to have it inspected and corrected after I get it back on the road. I was happy they just let me register it as is. I may be hard to find but I would look for someone willing to listen at the DMV and try to explain it to them or the vin inspector.
Are these brass tags attainable anywhere?

you have a BRASS COIN T-66 truck

its actually a 1965 production date build , but sold in the 1966 modle year

52783901.jpg

1665450610483.png

1665450602456.png

1665450589008.png

1665450630240.png

You might check with Classic Cruiser in Poncha Springs, CO. They might have one. Your rig probably should have had one at one time if it got registered that way. You could see if the PO has it still.

Do you know if these brass tags are attainable? Thanks!

i hand make them reproductions here at the SKUNK-WORKS Labrotory

please PM me to further discuss

thanks
matt

0 (0.01)tokairika.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom