Tire sources? 2" lift on 17s

Curious to run 275/70 and have no issues at all, or what will be involved to run 285/70s. Will be running on 17x7.5 wheels, so not sure if the 285s are game there or not. I've checked the usual online spots like Discount Tire, Tire Rack, what's your experiences with TireBuyer or others? I'm planning to just have them shipped right to a local spot to have the mount/balance done.

BMRisko

DT is always my go-to as I have a location nearby. They will also match any online price you find, which is nice.

r2m

Richard

Assuming Costco has the brand and size you're looking for, that's always a fair deal and great service.

BMRisko

Assuming Costco has the brand and size you're looking for, that's always a fair deal and great service.
99% of the time they won't install a tire other than the OEM size on the door sticker.

I bought my 275/70-17 Falken Wildpeaks from Tirebuyer.com. They were super easy to deal with and they sent the tires to my dealer of choice with free shipping. I have a 2.5" Radflo stage 2 lift and I get some rubbing with the stock running boards, but I think I can fix that with more time using a heat gun on the liners. By the way, I love the Wildpeaks, very little road noise and pretty comfortable with the C-rated LT tire.

IMG_0197[316].jpg

I bought my 275/70-17 Falken Wildpeaks from Tirebuyer.com. They were super easy to deal with and they sent the tires to my dealer of choice with free shipping. I have a 2.5" Radflo stage 2 lift and I get some rubbing with the stock running boards, but I think I can fix that with more time using a heat gun on the liners. By the way, I love the Wildpeaks, very little road noise and pretty comfortable with the C-rated LT tire.
jabandsnort, what's the width and offset of your wheels? I have a similar setup as you, but with BF Goodrich KO2s (275/70-17 as well). I haven't experienced any rubbing on the stock running boards yet, but am concerned with that problem when I use more of the suspension travel.

jabandsnort, what's the width and offset of your wheels? I have a similar setup as you, but with BF Goodrich KO2s (275/70-17 as well). I haven't experienced any rubbing on the stock running boards yet, but am concerned with that problem when I use more of the suspension travel.
The FN FX Pro wheels are 17x8 +0 offset. I wonder if the KO2s are slightly more narrow than the Wildpeaks? The rubbing I experience is turning hard right or left while slowing and entering driveways and such. I may raise the front another 1/2" or so and see if that stops it.

Top Bottom