Tire size calibration tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for computer calibration tools that allows you to adjust the computer for different tire sizes. This would correct the speedometer. I have an AEV ProCal for my Jeep and was looking for something similar for my LX 570. I did find this one: the Enigma Rugged Tune but was wondering if there were alternatives or if anyone had experience with that one. It seems to be a bit of a pain, since you have to download and email them a file to get the recalibration info.

Interesting. If I have to know speed I use a mobile phone based app that reads GPS speed. It's good enough. My tires are just about exactly 10% slow, so I put the speedo on 'posted', which means I'm with the five mph over grace window for most speeds. If the posted speed is 70+ I have to go a little bit below (68 is roughly 75).

Interesting. If I have to know speed I use a mobile phone based app that reads GPS speed. It's good enough. My tires are just about exactly 10% slow, so I put the speedo on 'posted', which means I'm with the five mph over grace window for most speeds. If the posted speed is 70+ I have to go a little bit below (68 is roughly 75).
What app?

What app?

I've been using Sp33dy, and disabled cellular data in iphone settings to disable the ads. Clean interface and a night mode is available.

IIRC @Markuson was using a much more advanced app on an ipad that had maps and other info available.

It's called Speedometer. There are many available. This one takes over the full screen and has ads. After you drive around for a couple months it isn't necessary; conversion will be learned from experience.

I found this discussion on a Tacoma forum. The OP asks about the Tire Calibration setting in the Navigation setup. Basically he claims that after doing the calibration when he went to bigger tires his speedo was dead on. Others have claimed that it is only for keeping your position accurate if the GPS signal is lost.

Has anyone tried this? I have to wait 1-3 weeks before my new wheels and tires come.

On my 16 LX the calibration setting is under Navigation settings, and I have to scroll down to the last page to select it.

I found this discussion on a Tacoma forum. The OP asks about the Tire Calibration setting in the Navigation setup. Basically he claims that after doing the calibration when he went to bigger tires his speedo was dead on. Others have claimed that it is only for keeping your position accurate if the GPS signal is lost.

Has anyone tried this? I have to wait 1-3 weeks before my new wheels and tires come.

On my 16 LX the calibration setting is under Navigation settings, and I have to scroll down to the last page to select it.

Also want to know what it really does. I switched to 275/70/18 and selected the calibration. I haven't noticed any change or have any other way to accurately measure.

FYI, the Waze app also displays current speed, based on GPS.

My speedometer is dead nuts at 70 MPH with Rock Warriors and 285/70 R17 BFG All Terrains on a 2015. Read a hair low before on stock wheels and tires.

I do wish we have aftermarket transmission program options. Less so to fix the speedo. But better calibration of the transmission and its shift points for larger tires. If there were one for the 8-speed, there would never be a need for re-gear as the transmission physically has gearing span in spades.

All we have at the moment is ETC PWR. Which does make shifting a bit more optimal when upsizing tires. At the cost of some MPG efficiency but that is the nature of these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom