tire size 33 x 10 x 16 Does this size exist?? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

piecemeal

SILVER Star
Threads
Help!! I just got a set of ROH Trak 2 - 16 x 7 rims and would like to get some tires for my manual steering FJ40 and am having a hard time finding any near this size (could be 32.5" or up to 34" diam, but no wider than 10.5"). Anybody have any suggestions??

Any thoughts on bias ply tires?? I have power kings on my RTT offroad trailer....

looks like a 255 / 85 / 16 is pretty much the same size of which there appear to be plenty of offereings....

looks like a 255 / 85 / 16 is pretty much the same size of which there appear to be plenty of offereings....

Correct for the size : 255/85R16

Rather incorrect for abundance of offering... Unfortunately.

Correct for the size : 255/85R16

Rather incorrect for abundance of offering... Unfortunately.

Currently running gen 2 BFG AT's 32 x 12.5 x 15. Ever run any tires in the 255/85R16 you could recommend (ATs, MTs, specific brands)? Not a daily driver, but I'll occasionally be pulling a RTT Trailer that is pushing 800lbs totally loaded with a 74 FJ40 so maybe super chunky tires aren't the best idea....

I have been running the 255/85r16 for well over 20 yrs

Toyo M-55 were great tires

Cooper Discoverer s/t were a bit loose when loaded

Bfg mt were ok

I run mastercraft couser now and they are not bad... a lil wider than I’m used to ... most 255 run 10” about... these seem a tad wider but well u set the 10.5

SS are .... well ... SS’s :meh:

Approx:
900r16 = 36x10x16

8.25r16 = 34x9

Q78x16 35x10
P78x16 33x9.5

Just a quick run up of that size range... probably missing a few

Last edited:
I have been running the 255/85r16 for well over 20 yrs

Toyo M-55 were great tires

Cooper Discoverer s/t were a bit loose when loaded

Bfg mt were ok

I run mastercraft couser now and they are not bad... a lil wider than I’m used to ... most 255 run 10” about... these seem a tad wider but well u set the 10.5

SS are .... well ... SS’s :meh:

Approx:
900r16 = 36x10x16

8.25r16 = 34x9

Q78x16 35x10
P78x16 33x9.5

Just a quick run up of that size range... probably missing a few

Yeah i.waa thinking Toyos. It'll be on road and fire roads mostly, and occasional technical stuff, but it's not setup to crawl. How do the lugs hold up on the m55s? I like the general grabbers when I've used them in the past but I don't think they have an offering this size and I'm not sure how they function with some weight on the rear tires. I have a hell Creek 6" lift in the rear with a 4" shackle reversal and cruiser solution spring perches in the front to level it out.

The Toyo m-55 is a GREAT tire

They held up really well... and had them when I was putting 20k+ per year on the truck

An all round tire... good in wet and snow... and lugs are big enough to do great off road

Wish they would come down in price

Sure 33 will fit with that lift lol... are you going that size mire so because of the skinny tire aspect?

The 900r16 is 36 and meant for the skinny tires recommended is 6.5” rims... would be a tad taller than the 33

The Toyo m-55 is a GREAT tire

They held up really well... and had them when I was putting 20k+ per year on the truck

An all round tire... good in wet and snow... and lugs are big enough to do great off road

Wish they would come down in price

Sure 33 will fit with that lift lol... are you going that size mire so because of the skinny tire aspect?

The 900r16 is 36 and meant for the skinny tires recommended is 6.5” rims... would be a tad taller than the 33

I was going skinny bc the manual steering is such a bugger. And I think they look cool skinny. I know I could fit bigger, but I didn't want to have to beef up any more components or gearing. The Track 2 rims I got are 7" wide I think, maybe 6" but I think they're 7".

Toyo M-55

F9CE4A4A-6C28-46D9-A04D-03417FD68223.jpeg
BC6F3A2B-197E-4C63-867A-8DFE1B637E5D.jpeg

I had KM2 and I like them, but better like the Toyo MT who succeeded them.

I'd like to try the Cooper ST Maxx but had a good deal on a set of 285/75 of AT3 XLT

Very cool!! Thanks for the input everyone!! I'm prob gonna pony up the $$ for the Toyos bc they'll be on there for a long time hopefully, so I want to get something that will last mileage as well as time (parked inside, out of the sun and doesn't see too much action in the winter months).

Mastercraft Courser CXT

The ply rating is higher on the mastercraft then my previous cooper s/t ... so far they work pretty well and don’t have the tires roll over around corners like the coopers

Yeah $160 a tire for the Mastercrafts vs $350 a tire for the Toyo M55s is a MAJOR difference.... I wonder if the Toyo Open Country MT is better than the Mastercrafts....??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom