Tire Pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tires Pictured Here!

Credit for this tread goes to MountainMan from the the Blue Forum. Taft was kind enough to let me take his pics and info, and place them on IH8MUD. I found it helpful to see the different brands we are running on our FJC's, and be able to look at them all side by side...without having to toggle from maker to maker and tread to tread. His original thread is Tires Pictured Here! - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

The third tire from BFG is not being made any longer, for those that didn't know. It was replaced by the KM2.

HOPE THIS HELPS

DETAILED REVIEW OF MANY OF THESE TIRES CAN BE FOUND HERE:
Mud Terrain Tire Reviews
All Terrain Tire Reviews

TIRE SURVEY REPORT BY TIRERACK.COM CAN BE FOUND HERE:
All Terrains
Mud Terrains

OFF ROAD TIRE TIPS:
Offroad Tire Tips - How Tires and Air Pressure Affect Your Off Road Ride on Types of Terrain

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2 and weights %3.
2_tireMaster3web.jpg

Last edited:
I Thought the Ground hog was made by Denman

maker

I edited the link on the original post to take you to his thread. There have been updates, and he is adding tires as people request. I will jump over and add as he does, if time warrants. If not click the link to see his updates. It would be hard to put EVERY tire on there...just a start. I think its a good reference for people looking and also think he did a good job putting it together.

i like the superswamper m-16 also not pictured

The Ground Hawg WAS a Denman tire for decades. Denman is now focused on "specialty" tires, e.g. fork lifts, etc. They sold the brand (I think) to Interco... unless the companies are tied together and the just moved it to the consumer division - Interco. But I think they're seperate... as seperate as tire companies are - ever noticed they're all in Ohio?

I was gonna look into it some more, but that was my first thought...that they merged, one bought out the other. I think you can find the tire either way you look it up on the net anyhow. I posted this, but still can't find a place that gives a better deal than discount or costco. any ideas?

usually they don't change "Manufacturer names" when a corporate merger happens

looks like the simex trekker is a direct knock off of a bogger, and the green diamond icelander is a direct knock off of the BFG Krawler, and the dunlop mud rover a knock off of BFG MT.

I have considered the pitbull rocker extremes for my truck.

Not All Tires

i like the superswamper m-16 also not pictured

Guess I should have put a disclaimer on this thread. This is just a reference guide. Not all tires will be on here. Lots of people run a lot of different tires, but this is just here to help people upgraded from the Dunlop slicks or maybe a more agressive tire then the one they have. Of course add pics of tires you want people to see...but it would be near impossible to put every tire on this thread!

I cross posted this in the sixty section. I would love to see this added to the sticky at the top of each section. Tire question are one of the most common question here on mud.

good deal. thats why I put it up...I had so many tire questions, to many to choose from and to many opinions to go with them. I feel I was fortunate with the BF I have on there now, they did the job for the first two years. Now its time to find something else. So many choices!:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom