Tire choice/feedback appreciated (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I will finally have my 5th RW this weekend. Looking at the 285/75/17's (34")

My two tire choices:
Goodrich KO2
Nitto TG G2
Price is about the same at roughly 250 per tire

I would have liked to take a stronger look at the Nitto Ridge Grappler but they are just too expensive.

My experience:
I have had the Nitto's on a few different rigs. Always worked well. Good highway manners, pretty decent off road.
Had the Goodrich original AT's and did not like them on the road. Due to the very square tread they seemed to wander. No experience with the newer tires.

Thoughts?

I'm sure there are a million threads on tires already.

I'm runing the Hrecules Terra Trac AT. So far no issues. They have a 60k warranty.

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

Not sure on pricing, but I really with I got the Cooper ST MAXX over the KO2. Had them on a pickup and loved them. Has a really wide tread void on the shoulder for mud, but a much more supple pattern through the center so they are comfortable on the highway.

Ko2s are overrated :grinpimp:
I like my General Grabber AT2s but tires are insane

buy to fit your budget, any of the ones you listed or others listed will last a while.

I run both the TG and the K02 and love them both. Id have to give the nod to the new k02. Not even close to the same to the old K0 due to new materials and construction techniques. One of the most advanced tires made currently - they did their homework! You will be pleasantly surprised.

Stay away from the cheaper, budget minded tires. Ive been in the tire/auto repair industry for 30 years and my sample size of different tires and their faults is eye-opening.

The only other tires I would put on my rig would be Toyos or Michelin.

If you're on a budget id take a look the falken wildpeak at3

$200 cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom