Time for a new battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like many on this board, I use the Odyssey PC1700MJT. I shimmed the base by 1" (cut kerfs in it so it would fit over the ends of the OEM plastic tray w/o sliding), then cut blocks on top so the OEM strap would fit.
odyssey_pc1700mjt1.JPG

I have Optima Blue as main and Red as back-up. No troubles yet, but still a bit new. Like them so far but what's FAR more important to me is the Dual set-up. I'd be more comfortable with Dual "El cheapo craptima" batteries than a single "El macho crankmaster" ANY DAY!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/213363-hellroaring-dual-battery-install.html

It saved me once, and it saved the princess as well...
https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/227749-dual-batteries-saves-princess.html

I did. At a Sears near my folks. Lot less BS than Sears Brooklyn, but still Sears none the less.

And it is a 35.

mac, did you end up getting the platinum with the correct battery terminals ?

nice my panny is going its from 03, so i think i got my moneys worth. and im going to go with the diehard platinum. glad to hear yours worked out.

what makes u think that lblair?

I think Im going to need a dual battery setup very soon. Time to call Mr Christo!

FYI: I really like my PowerGate rectifier!

mac, how do u like the diehard platinum?

does it replace the need for a traditional prostate exam?

Sure...but what...you have another 25-years or more before you have to worry about that :flipoff2:.

If the nurse is hot I'd go just for the hell of it.

I want to do what Christo had done for that white LX470 he had with the dual batteries in OEM single location. Keep it compact.

you got any pics of the setup slee did on the white lx470

Pics here.. looks awesome and he probably went that route since there is a compressor in the space you typically see the 2nd battery....

What kind of batteries are those and what's thier size/power???? They look a tad small, but probably plenty for the job at hand - or Slee would have never put them in....

DSC00202.jpg

Well this wouldnt be the first time someone asked what the batteries were, but you COULD just read the labels and google them. Then again the search function is hard for people to use, even out side of mud. ;)

They're car audio deep cycle AGM batteries.

Jim,

How did you shim the base of the 1700?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom