tie rod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserdan posted while i was typing that i guesss..so i missed that before i responded..so i should go ahead and order the drivers side tie rod end?

The Driver's side end, 45047-60H03, will be shipped from the Toyota PDC with a tie rod tube taped to it. What happens after it arrives at your dealer is anybody's guess.

It sounds like you need to find a new dealer ;)

Oh, I should ask, If all you need is the tube you could buy a RH end and save a few bucks.

Dan, thanks for helpin out :) Dan, any idea why Toyota does this? it's the same on the fj40, and nothing has changed, TRE"s or rod are the same, new rod works with old TRE's and vise versa...but TRE's come with free rod.......

lowtideride, I stongly sudjest you email/pm Cdan and get the parts from him(if you don't know he is the parts manager at a Toyota dealer in AR), he has great prices and knows his stuff. Me and AL just ordered it out of our own curiosity, plan was to send it back, if you want it then that cool but I would use Cdan......sound like you need a good dealer anyway :)

and yep buy the cheaper one.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90507#msg90507 date=1074119348]
The Driver's side end, 45047-60H03, will be shipped from the Toyota PDC with a tie rod tube taped to it. What happens after it arrives at your dealer is anybody's guess.

It sounds like you need to find a new dealer ;)

Oh, I should ask, If all you need is the tube you could buy a RH end and save a few bucks.
[/quote]

so how do i get a hold of Cdan.. is that the same guy the posted above you? (cruiserdan)

One in the same ;)

Send a PM

I was running into the same problem here as lowtide, the parts guy would only go the easiest route, didn't want to research it at all even though I supplied him with Pimp's #'s. He kept asking if Al's 60 was a convertible or wagon :doh: Next time I need something I definitely will email C-Dan.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90490#msg90490 date=1074118303]
Hello Poser,

Interesting avitar, do you know the origin?
[/quote]

ooh! ooh! I know!

what do I win Dan?!? :D

(hint: it wouldn't go well with your M1 :D)

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90490#msg90490 date=1074118303]
Hello Poser,

Interesting avitar, do you know the origin?

Cheers, D-
[/quote]

Means he's a Master Mason (as in Masonic Temple). Among other things!

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90603#msg90603 date=1074127465]
Means he's a Master Mason (as in Masonic Temple). Among other things!
[/quote]

I loved that episode of the Simpons :D.........what were they? Stone Cutters?

I pays(in so many ways) to have a good and willing parts guy, if you can't find one local then hook up with someone(if not him) like Dan(did I mention Dan gives a pretty hefty discount off list price?). I guess I am really blessed to have Al as my parts guy AND friend :) When I 1st got into Cruisers I didn't know jack....went to the dealer and tried to get help(it was hit and miss), after a while I realized who knew what was going on..........so I claimed Al as mine :D and he got stuck with me for life ;)

Did I mention that last year when our 88 fj62 was stolen, it was Al who found it? I mean does service get any better than that? :)

John H

[quote author=fsusteve link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90587#msg90587 date=1074126353]
I was running into the same problem here as lowtide, the parts guy would only go the easiest route, didn't want to research it at all even though I supplied him with Pimp's #'s. He kept asking if Al's 60 was a convertible or wagon :doh: Next time I need something I definitely will email C-Dan.
[/quote]

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90652#msg90652 date=1074132768]
I loved that episode of the Simpons :D.........what were they? Stone Cutters?

[/quote]

It was kind of funny to see the Simpsons hit them up. The Masons are actually a quasi-Religious (big discussion there) quasi-mystic society, originally started officially as a Professionals organization for Stonecutters. Hundreds of years ago. Lots of Secret stuff. They trace at least some of their origins to the Knights Templar of the times of the Crusades, hundreds of years before that. The Skull and Crossed (Femur) bones played a part in Templar symbology around 1200 AD. Probably had origins before that, too. Anyway, I am reminded that the particular version that Steve is using is from a Nazi SS cap.

and, yes, I read a lot of books. :rolleyes:

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90688#msg90688 date=1074135501]
and, yes, I read a lot of books. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Nohing that I would roll my eyes at...I would love to be able to make more time to read, just does not seem to work too well. The last book that I was immersed and consumed by was Black Hawk Down. I have read it four times now. An amazing compilation of the events that transpired in Oct. '93.

-Steve

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90686#msg90686 date=1074135445]
It was kind of funny to see the Simpsons hit them up. The Masons are actually a quasi-Religious (big discussion there) quasi-mystic society, originally started officially as a Professionals organization for Stonecutters. Hundreds of years ago. Lots of Secret stuff. They trace at least some of their origins to the Knights Templar of the times of the Crusades, hundreds of years before that. The Skull and Crossed (Femur) bones played a part in Templar symbology around 1200 AD. Probably had origins before that, too. Anyway, I am reminded that the particular version that Steve is using is from a Nazi SS cap.
[/quote]

dads(and grandpa) is/was a Mason, but not active, pays his dues though. Few years ago there was a documenty on the History Chanel about the Masons..........interesting stuff. Oh.....I live by the local Masonic Temple.

Oh, I got one of those neat WW1 spiked leather German helmets.......pretty cool, also have the Mauser( 11mm, single shot) baynet(sp)(which is rather odd, read that if someone was captured with it they would be killed, it has wierd teeth on the backside, so the wound would not heal or close) and sword, grandpa got em someplace.

same here, just don't have the time to get into a book anymore. Steve, there was a great documenty on the history chanel(yes I watch alot of TV) about blackhawk down, interviewed the guys who were there......done by the same guy who wrote the book I believe. I have watched the movie more times than I can count. I imagine we will be hearing similar stories out of Irag :(

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=9872;start=msg90715#msg90715 date=1074137212]
Nohing that I would roll my eyes at...I would love to be able to make more time to read, just does not seem to work too well. The last book that I was immersed and consumed by was Black Hawk Down. I have read it four times now. An amazing compilation of the events that transpired in Oct. '93.

-Steve
[/quote]

I was really touched by Black Hawk Down. Rather reinforced my general feelings toward politicians.

Oh, and my daughter is a Mason (what they call Job's Daughters at her age), through her mother's Father's association.

lowtide, you said you dont know what to do?? i have read several good suggestions, dont waste your money on stock parts, if your not going to buy one of the beefy ones (not much more $ than stock in the end) then sleeve, sleeve, sleeve the one you have.

oh, and the masons just act tuff cause theyre still bitter about building the pyramids under slave conditions :D

i have that episode on my computer... i like when he doesnt get a better parking space but roller blades instead

you guys will like this one...

Black Hawk Down:
You remember the two snipers that requested multiple times to be lowered to the one downed blackhawk and protect the pilot?
They were both killed and got the CMoH?

Randy Shugart was a local to me. Newville PA.
Newville is the next town, about 10 minutes over. I had a few friends there in High School.

Newville just built a new school and they were going to name it after Shugart.
In the end they decided NOT to because some didn't want the school to be associated with war...... ::)

Simply another sad testament to the sign of the times...

I cannot put into words the feelings that I get just thinking about the situation that Shugart and Gordon went through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom