Thought's on this ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It definitely has a few expensive mods added. I note it doesn't say a thing about kms. You'd be best by going to look at it and then going from there. Personally, at that price range i would be more interested in an 81. I think you might be hard pressed to find an 81 with the regearing, locker, bars, etc for $12,000. But all depends on condition and kms.

Have you compared it to offerings in MUD Classified?
 
I looked at it, the owner has had it 4 years, he is the sales manager at NSOR. It is clean has tons of bolt on goodies millage is 300k kms if I remember correctly . he daily drives it from poco to north van , the underside is spotless, it was never wheeled basically used to demo vendor accessories.
 
The owner is a pretty tuned in guy, nice looking rig.
 
Well you asked for my thoughts. :hillbilly: You best be buying that for your wife to drive your kids down to soccer practice and keep looking for another cruiser to wheel! :hillbilly:
 
I wasn't looking at for a wheeling rig - I was actually looking for a commuter for my wife she has a 15 km commute, 4 day's a week and 7 km commute 1 day a week. Not worried about gas prices we have my Jetta for that. As for a wheeling rig I have plans for another rig. I figured out after building to many compromise vehicles that you cant daily drive your wheeling rig.
 
.... Not worried about gas prices we have my Jetta for that. As for a wheeling rig I have plans for another rig...

I figured out after building to many compromise vehicles that you cant daily drive your wheeling rig.

Why is she wanting an overweight/sized, expensive maintenance, full time 4wd for city car? Nice looking 80, but seems like a big compromise for a city car...
 
Why is she wanting an overweight/sized, expensive maintenance, full time 4wd for city car? Nice looking 80, but seems like a big compromise for a city car...

She doesn't - but I am looking down the road - in a few years my oldest daughter will be getting her learners - I want her in a tank.
 
Why is she wanting an overweight/sized, expensive maintenance, full time 4wd for city car? Nice looking 80, but seems like a big compromise for a city car...

uh oh, sounds like someones significant other is getting someone to get a mini-van?:hillbilly:
 
With all the ad ons its a good deal, if its locked then its a bonus. I think its way more than what you need though from the sounds of it. On that short of a drive everyday it will get about 9mpg in a best case. It also costs about $130 to fill and that fill will move you 300ish Kms.
 
uh oh, sounds like someones significant other is getting someone to get a mini-van?:hillbilly:

Actually no. Talked about a subaru wagon or one of the car based SUV's, but she wants something more compact. We have (her opinion ;)) enough big vehicles already. Probably end up with a 10-15 year old base model civic sedan for her :meh:.

Toynut, I hear you about safety as motivation. Two schools of thought are: its safer to drive the biggest/heaviest thing on the road - hurts less when you get into a wreck; or get something small and nimble - learn defensive driving and stop in time/avoid collision.
OTOH she'll be real popular with the boys driving that 80 ;).
 
Ha, my wife wanted a small efficient car right up until she drove the 100. Now you'd have to pry it out of her cold dead hands. I keep saying we should buy a Prius. lol.
 
Ha, my wife wanted a small efficient car right up until she drove the 100. Now you'd have to pry it out of her cold dead hands. I keep saying we should buy a Prius. lol.

Same here. My wife was adament that she would never drive the Safari (RHD thing and big) - until her Tercel died. Now she doesn't want to sell it and get something smaller and more economical. Now I am stuck maintaining two 20+ year old big DD diesels.

Big and heavy only means safer when what you are hitting is smaller and lighter. A 1T vehicle hitting a rock wall carries a lot less kinetic energy than a 2T vehicle hitting a rock wall.
 
my x wifes first cruiser was a super charged locked lexus , much the same reasons , except the next in line was a boy. i personally would not do that again, besides to high of km for resale at that price, maybe 9 tops
 
I wasn't looking at for a wheeling rig - I was actually looking for a commuter for my wife she has a 15 km commute, 4 day's a week and 7 km commute 1 day a week. Not worried about gas prices we have my Jetta for that. As for a wheeling rig I have plans for another rig. I figured out after building to many compromise vehicles that you cant daily drive your wheeling rig.

Well if that's the case, then you could find a cheaper 80, without all the expensive extra's for a lot cheaper., if it is indeed an 80 that is wanted.

But you would have tthe extra bonus of using it as family weekend camping/wheeling rig, if your wife swings that way :)
 
Looks like one of you guy's beat me to it, I talked to the seller and it was on hold and being inspected by EBI today !
 
that truck was not worth that anyway, i looked at that truck and have looked at others comparable for a little over half his asking price. dont think that you lost the deal of a life time let alone assume someone in the club bought it, at least not for that price . if your looking for the higher end lx 450 try punching lx450 in,because alot of the owners do not consider it a landcruiser when advertising it.
 
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser not my ad
I am selling a 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser in great condition for $8,650. Its is an amazing SUV that is absolutely perfect for moving, going camping, and carrying sports equipment! It is an incredibly fun truck to drive, as well as offering fantastic driving visibility and safety. Truck has been kept mostly inside a garage when not in use.
-125 xxx kms
-4 wheel drive
-Automatic
-Brand new high-quality front brake pads (installed May 29, 2012)
-Brand new front brake rotors (installed May 29, 2012)
-General check up and alignment adjustment on May 29, 2012

Please email me if you have any questions.
 
Back
Top Bottom