Thoughts on Hilux (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all am considering the Hilux below what are concerns besides parts, and rust?

That looks terrible. Definitely stay away from it. Unrelated, do you happen to have the seller's contact info?:rofl:

Looks pretty good. He keeps saying "restoration" every chance he gets and he talks about the truck like a dealer would (calling it a 2 owner like he's a dealer and not an owner). Id say that's about double what the truck is worth, and about double what it sold for new. It will be very gutless, but get really good mileage.

Agree, tho I have seen a few sell for 25k. I know the market has gone stupid since covid.
Anyone know of an importer?

its LHD, so i'm going to assume central or south america,,,, they are NOTORIOUS for terrible and questionable repairs and restoration type repair, especially rust and body work.

edit, so he has a video series on this rig that i looked at a bit,, so you can see where rust was, how it was repaired, along with other work done.

however, if the frame looks good, its at least solid. if the price is good for you buy it, there is really no downside. parts are easy to get, dealers will work on them but they wont be experienced in some aspects, but i wouldnt take my 70 series to a dealer for work so,,,,

Last edited:
Agree, tho I have seen a few sell for 25k. I know the market has gone stupid since covid.
Anyone know of an importer?
are they asking 25k? thats really not a bad price, importers are all over the place, but really, to save any money over that price you'd need to import it yourself.

are they asking 25k? thats really not a bad price, importers are all over the place, but really, to save any money over that price you'd need to import it yourself.
The ad I saw said $35k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom