Thoughts around a spring 2017 local meet-up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i've done a few axle's. been a minute, but definitely not a first timer in the rodeo.

will one of these wheels work? 16" toyota split's work pretty well on an 80.

i've basically got saturday and most of sunday for axle and front brakes. i might get it started tonight, depends on the friend that wants to drop the engine in his rally car this weekend. i don't want to rush this at all. i've been looking forwards to this for months. working on the cruiser's is when i get to de-stress. i can take my time and do them exactly the way i want.

i'll try. will you guys kneecap me if i take my forester to the park?

IMG_1418.JPG

No definitely not Solomrus--whatever gets you there!

Great--I was wondering if you still had that. Rundown as of now is below:

me
Grench
Sstigermerc/brother
Firthone (maybe)
ne78fj40 (maybe)
SamuelSmith

I'll prob leave SE Lincoln about 11AM if anyone wants to caravan there. Could meet at the gas station off 84th and Cornhusker...just call/text to let me know.

Aaron
402-419-9848

Things turned out pretty well. The group consumed nearly 40 hot dogs I think nearly 20 of those were eaten by my teenage sons. The weather even cooperated a bit. When we got there it was just spitting a bit of rain. Once I put up a tarp shelter between my truck and a tree the rain outright stopped; once again proving that the best way to prevent it from raining is to bring an umbrella. Still, it was a bit chilly so the coffee was a big hit.

On the vehicle side:
was it four or five 80 series?
One LX450
One 62 series
One stray Tacoma

Thank you to everyone who attended!

So, when and where should the next gathering be?

4 80s (SolomRus got away before I snapped a pic) a 62 (sstigermerc), sstigermerc's 16 40s and 2 unimogs in spirit. If you need 40 parts he likely has it!

I'll look into other ways to coordinate dates to get together (there has to be an app or site for that, right?!) to give people more notice. Thanks to Grench and boys for hot dogs and coffee (especially coffee)!

IMG_2202.jpg

I'll look into other ways to coordinate dates to get together (there has to be an app or site for that, right?!) to give people more notice.
Thank you for going the extra effort to notify people via methods outside of the forums!

This clubhouse is a bit of a victim of it's own nature. We don't have a lot going on - so not everyone watches it - which means we don't have an audience when things do happen.

The meet up notices sticky was supposed to help solve that. If we all set that one thread for sending ourselves emails if/when an update is posted - then ONLY use it to post event notices - with a link back to the event thread, it could theoretically work. But, that assumes a perfect world.

Thanks to Corn Man, though, he has started to compile a list of names, forum names, email addresses and phone numbers. If you want to ensure that you get contacted the next time we do something, be sure to IM him your contact info to get on that list.

Thanks to Grench and boys for hot dogs and coffee (especially coffee)!

Hey, it was fun. Due to all of the Boy Scout events that I've been doing over the last few years, I'm set up pretty well for a field kitchen. Glad you liked the coffee!

The next question, though, is... what's next?

How often do we want to do these, "Hot Dogs in the Park" gatherings? Once a year? Twice a year? Probably not more often than that.

There is an appetite for actually getting out and using these trucks, but what style? We're not exactly a hard core rock crawling or mud bogging group. I have said before that we're 8 hours from anywhere interesting. Day trip to Tuttle? An overland camping trip to, "Surf & Turf," in California? Something in between? Colorado?

halsey is about 4 hours away. great camp ground, easy access to a number of resources in the area as far as services go.

no hard core wheeling, but lots of sandy paths thru the park, an interesting hill climb, and the dismal river. there are some trails that are too small for trucks, so if you have a motorcycle or atv you could drag that along.

i'd go, my wife will go, but we'll stay in a motel 6 if she does. i know i can wrangle my friend jesse into going too, if y'all can tolerate a jeep in your midst.

with a good amount of lead time, i'd be happy to host another greet and feed at the shop. i'm told the the kalbi beef i grill up is to die for. a big pot of rice and a bucket of mac salad will have you all wanting to go to hawaii to eat it in its natural environment.

--r

I am happy to see any cruiser people and am glad to call people in this group my friends. That being said my brother and I are planning a small tuttle trip in late may so I can stretch my cruisers legs and find any hic ups before I head to south Dakota. If anyone would like to tag along you are more than welcome to. Even if you just want to go as a passenger and have some fun. It will probably be a leave Friday wheel Saturday go home sunday thing, but anyone is welcome to join us. Also if anyone has any interest john c fremont days in july has a nice car show in downtown fremont the weekend before we head to south Dakota. Yours truly will be there with a UNIMOG 5 ton and cruiser. So if you would like to come out I would be happy to see you all once again.

Regards,
S

I am happy to see any cruiser people and am glad to call people in this group my friends. That being said my brother and I are planning a small tuttle trip in late may so I can stretch my cruisers legs and find any hic ups before I head to south Dakota. If anyone would like to tag along you are more than welcome to. Even if you just want to go as a passenger and have some fun. It will probably be a leave Friday wheel Saturday go home sunday thing, but anyone is welcome to join us. Also if anyone has any interest john c fremont days in july has a nice car show in downtown fremont the weekend before we head to south Dakota. Yours truly will be there with a UNIMOG 5 ton and cruiser. So if you would like to come out I would be happy to see you all once again.

Regards,
S

Sounds like fun!

My suggestion is to start a new thread detailing the dates & times and where to meet up at. Otherwise people will get confused and end up at Mahoney.

Once you have your dates figured out, I'll have to bounce it against the Boy Scout schedule and see if I can make it.

Sounds like fun!

My suggestion is to start a new thread detailing the dates & times and where to meet up at. Otherwise people will get confused and end up at Mahoney.

Once you have your dates figured out, I'll have to bounce it against the Boy Scout schedule and see if I can make it.

I posted in both for that exact reason just in case anyone was watching one thread and not the other

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom