This afternoon's trip. Some pics. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I decided to go for a drive after work today and found a cool spot not far from home!!

I discovered a strange problem though while I was there (especially notice it when driving slow or idling) I believe it has something to do with my air con.

When the compressor starts up, I get this strange, slow air suction type of sound, sounds like a goose actually and it's really annoying me.. I sometimes hear it from outside the car, but mainly seems to come from inside the passenger vent somewhere, (I think.) It's hard to describe, but it's just like you had a goose sitting next to you really. If I picture what the sound could be I think of a wet/lubricated plastic join that has some air being pulled through it on compressor start-up.

Could this have anything to do with the air filter? I took it out and it looked pretty new. I dare say it was replaced when I bought it 8 months back. I noticed that there is a little white plastic thing that hangs off the outside of the air filter cover. You can actually see one of the small hoses that join it on to this in the 2nd pic (far left) and I saw that at the bottom of the plastic piece, there is a second hose running to the bottom of the air filter. It was a bit bent to the extent of not letting any, or very little air through. I cut this piece off and rejoined it. Don't know what this does.. Its joined to an electrical connection too by the way. Again, I know nothing about it.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks and enjoy the pics!
Oh and by the way. I picked up a used HI-Lift today!! And a shovel of-course :)
008.jpg
010.jpg

Last edited:
That dash pad is super cute!

Love the cloth interior, tire carrier, non-tinted windows, and of course our version of the LX450 wheels.

Thanks ;)
I much prefer anything but leather, amazing how different the 80's are from Country to Country.
And EVERYONE has a dash mat in Australia. They're just standard accessory.

Tinted windows? My best man is a windscreen fitter and tinter, he did my last car for me but after a few years even the best quality tint either peels (won't bubble, cheaper stuff will) or goes 'fuzzy' reducing vis and looking crap in hot tropical climates. It's only good if you want to feel all warm and fuzzy, protected from the outside world but thats about it.

He offered to do a freebie but I politely declined.

So seeming no-one can offer any suggestion, I've located the problem. Theres a bloody giant air blower on passenger side! Thats why it's coming from the passenger side dash.. I'll sort it out.

Last edited:
Mate, you gotta spring for some tyres driving though slop like that. It looks like the Wet is pretty big this year, were you affected by Carlos?

The two little hoses and plastic thing hanging of the air filter are the sensor that tells you when the filters blocked. Mind you should be able to tell by when your truck will be gutless.

Cheers

Thanx man!

Yea we were in the direct path of Carlos, and have had the biggest wet on record because of it, very sloppy out there at the moment.
Iwent driving in the mud last week and was sliding around everywhere with those tyres!

Mate, you gotta spring for some tyres driving though slop like that. It looks like the Wet is pretty big this year, were you affected by Carlos?

The two little hoses and plastic thing hanging of the air filter are the sensor that tells you when the filters blocked. Mind you should be able to tell by when your truck will be gutless.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom