Thermostats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guys, the thermostat I received from the dealer looks nothing like the one i pulled out. So I went to my local parts store and picked up one that looked much closer to the one i pulled out. one small problem though, the rubber gasket/seal that sits on top of it looks much smaller than the broken down one I pealed and scraped out of the housing. What should do?

get a new o-ring and run the one from the dealer, its possible that the on ethat you took out is an aftermarket and that's why it looks different from the oe t-stat

Here is what I received from the dealer.

fullsizeoutput_983.jpeg

Ok guys, the thermostat I received from the dealer looks nothing like the one i pulled out. So I went to my local parts store and picked up one that looked much closer to the one i pulled out. one small problem though, the rubber gasket/seal that sits on top of it looks much smaller than the broken down one I pealed and scraped out of the housing. What should do?
You gave no vehicle details. What engine do you have?

im going to guess 3fe as he is specing out for a 92.

top one looks like a t-stat, bottom pic what is that

dissreguard with that p/n for the o-ring, thats for 93-37 trucks

im going to guess 3fe as he is specing out for a 92.

top one looks like a t-stat, bottom pic what is that

dissreguard with that p/n for the o-ring, thats for 93-37 trucks
Top pic is the stat for a 1FZ, bottom pic is a stat for a 3FE.

Top pic is the stat for a 1FZ, bottom pic is a stat for a 3FE.

I thought that they may have given me the 1FZ. As for the correct one... Should i be worried that the O-ring is smaller and not the same as the one I scraped out?

I thought that they may have given me the 1FZ. As for the correct one... Should i be worried that the O-ring is smaller and not the same as the one I scraped out?
What you should worry about is not purchasing OEM parts for critical components, like the cooling system. It's about $48 for all 3 parts.

I totally agree. I just bought the other just to be able to move my cruiser around the block to my buddy's shop for another fix. I will be taking the wrong one back and ordering the correct one. Thanks for all your help guys!

Mahle was not an OEM provider of parts to Toyota for the 80 series.

Wonder why they are giving you German parts vs the correct Japanese parts? Weird. Especially if you are buying from Toyota dealer.

I’d replace the oring, thermostat, and upper and lower halves gasket as well as the 4 bolts.

Here is a great refresh kit for you:

And you support a MUD supporter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom