Thermostat - Orientation?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Nomis, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Nomis

Nomis

This is probably just nit-picking, but I figured I would ask:

While waiting for the upper thermostat gasket to be delivered (the o-ring), I was looking at the T-stat and wondering if there is a preferred orientation when putting these things in that promotes better flow. My guess would be it doesn't matter as long as it goes in the right side up - although I checked and you can't really install them upside down as they bottom out in the water inlet - at least they do on my 2F. Anyway, what are you guy's thoughts on this? I put it in with the supporting bar on the T-stat (the high point on the stat) lined up with the bolt holes - if this makes sense.

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Does not really make a difference.

Use anti-seize on the shank and threads of the steel bolts to the aluminum housing. ;)

:beer:

3. Nomis

Nomis

Already done - every bolt I take off goes back in with anti-sieze. The bolts on the t-stat housing were replaced with new hardware as the old ones looked a little rusted and I didn't want to risk them snapping off in the future.

Thanks again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.