1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermostat - Orientation?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Nomis, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Nomis

Nomis

This is probably just nit-picking, but I figured I would ask:

While waiting for the upper thermostat gasket to be delivered (the o-ring), I was looking at the T-stat and wondering if there is a preferred orientation when putting these things in that promotes better flow. My guess would be it doesn't matter as long as it goes in the right side up - although I checked and you can't really install them upside down as they bottom out in the water inlet - at least they do on my 2F. Anyway, what are you guy's thoughts on this? I put it in with the supporting bar on the T-stat (the high point on the stat) lined up with the bolt holes - if this makes sense.

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Does not really make a difference.

Use anti-seize on the shank and threads of the steel bolts to the aluminum housing. ;)

:beer:

3. Nomis

Nomis

Already done - every bolt I take off goes back in with anti-sieze. The bolts on the t-stat housing were replaced with new hardware as the old ones looked a little rusted and I didn't want to risk them snapping off in the future.

Thanks again.