The weather couldn't hold me down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Despite the weather I was able to do some work on the truck during breaks in the storms.

I managed to get my new new alternator installed after the first replacement was DOA and it seems to be charging now.

Also Friday my roof top tent came in from Camping Lab and I bolted it up as well. This thing is huge, my only concerns are that it covers up my sunroof because I gave room in the back to my satellite radio receiver but I still thing it will obstruct it.

Once I get my new radiator this week I am going to drive around and see if the signal cuts out at all, if so I may move the tent as far to the rear as possible and mount the receiver above the windshield running the wire through the headliner and sunroof.

Weather permitting, tomorrow I am going to install my OME kit, I went with J's in the front and 863's in the rear to give me a more level stance. I have the caster bushings but before I install them I am going to have my caster checked at an alignment shop to see if I should go with Slee's brackets instead.

No pics because of the weather but just wanted to share in my project.

Do you have the castor plates? i know someone who has some used ones that may could give a heck of deal on them...:)

Right now I have the OME bushings, depending on what the alignment shop tells me I may opt for the plates instead. Have the someone you know shoot me a PM with a price just incase.

Here's a cell phone pic of it from inside my garage. It looks dirty but it's just the lighting.
2010-05-03%2010.49.15.jpg

Here's another pic I just took
2010-05-03%2013.25.48.jpg

Looking good...

- Mark

Love the roof top tent. did you buy it new or score one on the net?

In the pic, is the lift installed?

MAke sure you tell Fernando at Camping Lab that you are with the CLC if you talk to him again. He has given us raffle prizes in the past. Hope to get a RTT from him this year. Fingers crossed!

Thanks everyone, my expedition rig is nearly complete :clap: or well as complete as it can be until the next idea pops in my head.

The OME kit is not installed yet, I was going to tackle that today but I decided to wait until my ProComp shocks come in and do it all at once.

I got the tent new from Fernando at Camping Lab, great guy and will answer any questions you have. I would suggest calling or email before ordering to check inventory. He was out of the medium tents so I went with the bigger one and the changing room which will be used as a shower room instead.

The OME kit is not installed yet, I was going to tackle that today but I decided to wait until my ProComp shocks come in and do it all at once.

Ugh.. I got some FOR GenI shocks for the right price too.... want those? and send the ProComp's back?

When collapsed it is 15 inches tall at it's highest point where the ladder sits. The rest is 11 inches tall and roughly 6 feet long.

This is for the large one offered by Fernando but I believe they are all the same height when collapsed but the length varies.

When collapsed it is 15 inches tall at it's highest point where the ladder sits. The rest is 11 inches tall and roughly 6 feet long.

This is for the large one offered by Fernando but I believe they are all the same height when collapsed but the length varies.

How does it feel on the highway? Can you feel the drag? Is it real bad or is it not too terrible?

considering one of these but crazy about something that is gonna slow me down even more. pretty bad already that we drive a box as is :)

How does it feel on the highway? Can you feel the drag? Is it real bad or is it not too terrible?

considering one of these but crazy about something that is gonna slow me down even more. pretty bad already that we drive a box as is :)

I haven't been able to drive it yet because of a cracked radiator. Tomorrow the new one comes in, I should be able to get it in Friday or Saturday.

I have had many conversations with Nick Rapp who is doing the drive across the world in his 80 and he has had no noticeable issues with it. Seeing his in person is what sold me on getting one actually.

ozarkroozer has one the same size as mine and has had no complaints, a wind deflector would probably be a smart addition up front.

Yes friends,
After eight months sleeping in the tent, still no issue. I slept from 0 to 12,000 feet high. Sun, rain, no problem. i wonder why would anyone go for a more expensive tent...
But i do recomend using at least 3 roof bars, due to the size of the largest one...
Hi Matt, give some news!

N

Good to hear from you Nick. Just sent you an email.

The tent is holding up fine, I do only have 2 crossbars on mine and it has held up pretty well. I did opt for the larger 10ga bars from Groucho here which are stronger so depending on the size I would say 3 may be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom