The Time Machine gets 4Plus Shock Towers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gwalt584

SILVER Star
Threads
42228ACA-EDB7-4641-BC44-B2E88C57B3FA.jpeg
549034DE-E7AE-4DD9-B149-E197B4E352C0.jpeg
After doing the shackle reversal the shocks had about 4” of travel. That was ok for the streets but as soon as you got off road the shocks would bottom out.
So after talking with Dave at 4Plus Products, I purchased a set of his shock towers.

792E81C8-56FC-47D6-814C-FFF2EEC6C8AF.jpeg
So I used a IR air hammer to remove the rivet tops, then drilled a 1/8” hole through the rivets and put the pointed chisel in the air hammer and the rivets were out. Tech: make sure you use a punch to put a dimple in the center of the rivet so that the drill bit will not wonder to the side. if the drilled hole is on the side the air hammer will not push the rivet out, or it will not come out easily. Ask me how I know this! you may have to step up to a little larger drill bit for the upper rivets, they have two layer of frame to be pushed out of .

Last edited:
9ABE91D3-238F-4F7C-89AA-3EBF6CBB27DC.jpeg
Then I opened up the mounting holes and finally managed to get the bolts through the frame and into the holes. I used a small zip tie to hold the bolts and mounted the new shock tower.
I did have to trim the back of the the tower frame to clear the steering shaft going to the Saginaw pump.

I got the drivers side done last night.
Very well built tower BTW.

I will post some better pics of the mounted towers without the shock when I do the passenger side.
I have to do paint work on the axle housing when I'm done. so the shocks will come back off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom