The thread of The Frank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slider installation...

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a set of Trail-Gear 67" rock sliders, after my recent rocker-busting shenanigans. The sliders are shipped welded, but the legs are not cut to length or welded, so this is a generic kit. I wanted a bolt-on installation, so I ordered some steel flat stock and some large u-bolts. I put in some garage time tonight, so the project is under way. Here are the results so far:

View attachment 926202

I decided to beef things up a bit and run 2 u-bolts on each of the outer slider legs and a single u-bolt for the center legs. I think I will chamfer the lower corners of these plates, making them less likely to snag on a rock. I put one of the sliders on jack stands to check the fit to the truck:

View attachment 926203

I think the length and size is pretty good for the truck overall. They could be about 2 inches longer, but I'm pretty happy with how things look so far. The slider is flat in the picture, but I do want to angle it up around 15-20 degrees.

I did find another 80 running these sliders on 'mud, but I am surprised that they are not more popular, especially considering that the cost is much less than other options.

Where did you find the u bolts for your sliders?

@Wiscolandcruiser

7/16" x 6-1/4" x 4-1/8" Square U-bolt Mfg: Zone Offroad # 4090

I bought them from zone offroad, but it's not there now. Looks like amazon has this, though.

You will also need some longer m8 bolts and spacers or lots of washers to make room for the u bolts between the brake/fuel lines and the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom