The Spare Tire Mod (with pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tom,
The pics that I remember were posted by Landpimp. I haven't seen him in the 80 section for a long time. Give him a PM and maybe he will post them in this thread.

The mod is very easy and if you'll drop the spare and get under the truck you will see what needs to be done. Basically, you just want some longer bolts with some spacers (Holmaas used multiple nuts as spacers, others have used washers) to raise the spare mounting bracket at all mounting locations. You can get everything you need at Home Depot, Lowes, or your local HW store.

-B-

Ha! The PO of my rig had done the same thing. I took the entire assembly off and put the tire on the roof and now I have this enormous pile of washers sitting in my garage. 22 is nothing :grinpimp:

Nay

Just realized that all my pics went down.
I'm hosting them on my own webspace.
Not sure what the problem is.
I'll get on it right away.
Sorry.

Hayes

2ndGenToyotaFan said:
Maybe try some short pieces of pipe. Probably cheaper than....200-250 washers.....

ya', I've always wondered why everyone puts all those washers on, you can just get some spacers in the harware isle of Lowes - or a piece of tube if you own a hacksaw.

I used 1" round 6020 alum. and cut into 2" peices and center drilled . and dropped the winch with a thick peice of alum. plate of unknown alloy.
this rust proof and strong, but way over the top and kinda pricy.
but when you got the sickness you get it bad.

ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom