The MUD 100 series Photos thread (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

8E46ED46-A05F-4FBA-B55E-887C7D4B3370.jpeg

Here are a few from my latest trips. First 3 are from a quick overnight shake-down run in the San Rafael Swell (UT) and last 2 are down in Kanab, UT for the annual Balloons and Tunes festival on President's Day weekend. My 2 year old has officially named it the "Lan Cruisa" with emphasis on the "ah" at the end of Cruisa haha. My wife says she likes it because it has character which I am happy to hear.

So far, I am thinking I want to swap out the shoes for some 295/75R16 K02s (these are 285 Coopers), trying to decide if I paint the wheels. Bought some Wavian jerry cans. LOVE the ARB drawer system it has. Can't speak on that enough. Love the high clearance of the 4x4labs bumper but don't love the latch mechanism - it is a pain. It currently has the OME 2864s which seem like overkill. It has the ARB drawer system, 4x4labs bumper, but I don't plan on running a RTT and I think I could probably swap those out for 2863s or 2860s even.... I am open to suggestions!

Loving the truck. Timing belt getting done this week. Bought parts from CruiserTeq.com and having a local Toyota guy do it. I replaced the steering rack boots. Nothing else seems urgent - previous owner took great care of it. Will probably buy some "Lastfit" LED low and high beam bulbs. Want to replace the cable winch line with synthetic. I am sure lots of little changes will continue to surface. We all know how it is. Planning to go to Moab probably in April. I'll go do Imogene Pass in July. These trucks are truly amazing. THANK YOU TOYOTA.
IMG_5987.jpeg
IMG_5992.jpeg
IMG_5999.jpeg
IMG_6039.jpeg
IMG_6079.jpeg

20230306_064430.jpg

Thank you!

Yes, they do mostly with 34.8", but sometimes I find the passenger side slight tire rub on the frame, had the same thing with my old lx with 33s
Looking at your latest photos. I preparing for a solid axle swap and I need to work out my wheel offset. It appears you are using a Method wheel, correct? What size and model? Is it a 0mm offset (most of their wheels are). And the tire is a 35" or is it a 315 metric (Trepador?) Does this combination articulate fully in the rear wheel well or did you lower your bump stops?

Thanks for any help.

Looking at your latest photos. I preparing for a solid axle swap and I need to work out my wheel offset. It appears you are using a Method wheel, correct? What size and model? Is it a 0mm offset (most of their wheels are). And the tire is a 35" or is it a 315 metric (Trepador?) Does this combination articulate fully in the rear wheel well or did you lower your bump stops?

Thanks for any help.

SAS would be sick, as much as I would love to do it on mine, it would make better sense to sell it and import a Y61 instead :)

They are not method, apparently it is a brand in Japan only, called wild cruising wheels

I assume 0 offset, i might have to check the inside of the wheels

The tires are 285/75/18 toyo at2

Never had the wheels rub at the overland style articulation i do, no extreme offroad FULL articulation, stock bump stops

DSC04917.jpg

Last edited:
A few pics from a shakeout trip to Big Bend National Park after replacing 80% of the front end and adding some other goodies.

8B7C0B04-CF62-43F5-8178-44201EB14ADD.jpeg
FA97CD4A-A2F9-4BA5-B30C-DF239D36DCB3.jpeg
1D12058D-9625-4080-B74F-D8F4D22CAE54.jpeg
D20F8310-B40B-4AA5-8AEC-34F706FF0FE2.jpeg
3FCAC79D-B2DB-4D34-993D-047297D3BF4A.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Am I seeing things or do your travel with kegs??
Those are indeed two 1/4 bbl kegs.

I wanted ~15 gallons running water for showers, dishes, etc. but didn't want to wire up a pump as I have no space under the hood (ARB dual compressor and second battery) and no space under the truck for a tank (LRA aux tank) . I decided to use my ARB dual compressor with LINX to pressurize a water system, much like the Road Shower, but for 30% of the price. Against my better judgement, I initially tried using a rectangular aluminum fuel tank from Amazon. The tank worked but was no longer rectangular after testing at 15 psi. The next best option were a couple kegs as they are cheap, readily available, and multi-purpose pressure vessels ;).

I can hold a little over 7.5 gallons per keg. The keg opening faces upward when stowed, so I don't have to worry about leaks. I installed a blowoff valve set at 40 psi (2/3 max pressure) so the keg wont blow in case somebody sets the compressor too high. All in all a good system if you want to use compressed air, but much like our cruisers, it's a little heavy (each full keg weighs 80 lbs.), and not as space efficient as a cube. I hope to fabricate a bracket and mount them to a second tire swingout.

Please DM if you'd like to build your own and need some help with fittings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom