The MUD 100 series Photos thread (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally gave it a bath, and ready to undo it.
wOsaN33.jpg

From 'In the Footsteps of Elephant' on Disney+

Within the first couple minutes, they had this amazing shot.

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 23.13.09.jpg

In addition to the mechanical knowledge of MUD, its definitely pushed me to be better at photography, there are some seriously talented photographers on here...and I think I'm almost getting there, good scenery definitely helps. Went out for ice cream, bike ride by the South River, and then didnt feel like going home yet so took a quick trip up to end of the Blue Ridge Parkway for a mini hike and sunset.
IMG-7152.jpg
IMG-7150.jpg

IMG-7144 (1).jpg

Thinking about maybe purchasing a real camera, seems like a waste to spend all this time and money on such cool trips only to have a handful of iPhone pics that never do it justice.

In addition to the mechanical knowledge of MUD, its definitely pushed me to be better at photography, there are some seriously talented photographers on here...and I think I'm almost getting there, good scenery definitely helps. Went out for ice cream, bike ride by the South River, and then didnt feel like going home yet so took a quick trip up to end of the Blue Ridge Parkway for a mini hike and sunset.

Thinking about maybe purchasing a real camera, seems like a waste to spend all this time and money on such cool trips only to have a handful of iPhone pics that never do it justice.

Looking good Shen! As a bit of a photo nerd myself, I can say that continuing to experiment with lighting, composition, and equipment will improve your abilities in no time. I'm sure a nicer camera would make a difference, but I've been pretty impressed by the latest iPhone image capability. Great subject matter and great lighting will always get you good shots though. :cool:

The hobby is like anything else, just depends how much money you want to throw at it and where you're willing to compromise. If you can, do some research on what type of camera you'd like and maybe try renting one to see what you like/need/want. I've got a really nice Nikon D610, but will be downsizing to the Fuji X-Pro 2/3 in the future for packability, and I sort of wish I would have thought it through a bit more before I bought the Nikon. The image quality is fantastic, but the size and weight makes me not use it as much as I should.

Did you go up the road to the radio tower? Great view up there. I lived in Hurricane seasonally for over 10 years, miss it.

Picture thread....
No, we stopped at the falls for a few hours and returned. There were a few people in the LX that were not enjoying the ride so much…

View attachment 2737841

Lost Coast Trail, USAL to Petrolia
769C3AAF-C9C1-4502-ADDC-1FF84F22103F.jpeg

Went to Breckenridge last week. Only parking spot I could find. Had a dude in Alma tell me we were one of the first groups through Mosquito Pass this season. Did four trails in three days. Just amazing up there.

View attachment 2729570

View attachment 2729572

View attachment 2729574

View attachment 2729575

View attachment 2729576
God what beautiful country - it says a lot about your confidence in your rig that you would venture so far from civilization with it. About how far away was help if you needed it?

JM, what's in that pelican case hanging off the tire? Something electrical, seems like. Battery/inverter? Care to show us how it's hanging?

Looks like the propane hot water heater/shower option that Turtleback offers.
JM, what's in that pelican case hanging off the tire? Something electrical, seems like. Battery/inverter? Care to show us how it's hanging?

Looks like the propane hot water heater/shower option that Turtleback offers.

Correct it’s a DIY Hot water heater Unit that I built using the original water pump in the trailer. I’m using the Gamiviti spare tire mount, and the accessory mount for the case.

Pike Peak Colorado.
168A8856-9D35-4E2A-ACA3-52B0FF89A7B6.jpeg

Ah, hot water heater, nice! Are there pics anywhere or a thread on that build?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom