THE ALL NEW LAND CRUISER.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No Mark that’s wrong because I know a guy who knows a guy who overheard his buddy who knows a guy at Toyota Corporate, and it is definitely confirmed that Toyota is bringing a 1,000 hp diesel hybrid to the next Land Cruiser! :hillbilly:

Ha :)

Last edited:
Most solo long haul trucks are doing 700 miles per day. A team truck is nearly double that and can essentially be running at all times. Not going to happen with current technology and infrastructure. Local deliveries, for sure.

That's what I thought too but apparently that is actually not the biggest use case. The majority of 18 wheel rigs are regional deliveries and actually only go a couple hundred miles a day max. If they could get 300 miles on a daily charge they would be fine on battery power alone. I'll see if I can find the article and stats when I have some time.

For long haul routes you're correct, this probably wouldn't work well. Then again if it was efficient you could simply change the model - if you want to ship stuff across the country, you just have multiple teams that do it and meet up to swap trailers. Rather than one team of two driving 3000 miles across the country you have 10 people who each drive 300 miles, basically handing off loads back and forth. To make that work you need a steady number of shipments of course.

MRFJ40 _2020_ Al New TLC 300 SERIES.jpg

That appears to me to be the first "legitimate" clue about what the 300 might look like. If this is accurate, I could definitely get on board.

Looks 4runner-ish. Better than Highlander-ish, I guess.
Wouldn't surprise me if the 300 takes a lot of styling queues from the 4Runner.

THE ALL NEW LAND CRUISER....

I can't read japanese but I see "V6" in the photo above. I saw an online auto rag recently mention V8, Turbo V6, and Hybrid V6 at one of the auto shows a couple months ago. I suspect V8 = Diesel and the US will see one or both of the V6 varieties.

$0.02

All that fancy front fascia just makes it more and more difficult to design aftermarket bull bars. But, I also would like to see some inspiration taken from the aggressive 4Runner look.

I bet it will come with Entune 3.0 and the apple carplay support like seen in the avalon and other vehicles.

I feel like our 200's will skyrocket in value if this is real...
When we were all 100 series owners, everyone hated the new 200. Kept saying how amazing the 100 resale will be once the "ugly 200 is out."

Now most of those members have sold their 100 and are here in the 200 section.

Same will happen with the 300.

It has happened with every generation since the 60 that I can remember.

Never liked 100, ugly then, ugly now. 80 FTW looks wise, but I am not into 20+ year old cars, so 200 it is now.

200 is the worst looking from the bunch imo, an oversized highlander is the most common reference which sucks but true. Hopefully the 300 doesn't take design cues from the rav4/Camry lol!

80 is classic, 100 is classic, maybe one day that uggly 200 will become classic...

but its a land cruiser and im not buying because of looks so i wont really care when i move into one.

200 is the worst looking from the bunch imo, an oversized highlander is the most common reference which sucks but true. Hopefully the 300 doesn't take design cues from the rav4/Camry lol!

80 is classic, 100 is classic, maybe one day that uggly 200 will become classic...

but its a land cruiser and im not buying because of looks so i wont really care when i move into one.

That‘s basically an echo of the kinds of things folks said about both the 80 and the 100 series when they were the newest kids on the LC block.

This, too, shall pass...

I hated the curves of the 200 when it first came out, too.
But it gets better with age and a few mods.

upload_2018-11-14_22-28-45.jpeg

Last edited:
I would be incredibly surprised if an updated Tundra doesn’t get released until 2022 considering the platform will be 15 years old by then. We know Toyota takes their time, but that just seems extreme, even ludicrous when the full size truck market is one of the most competitive in the world. It also seems unlikely they’d use the same platform as the Tacoma for the Tundra considering the physical differences in length, width, weight, GVWR, etc. Of course this is the Internet so rumors, opinions, third hand chat, etc get traction pretty easily. We shall see :meh:
It's not releasing IN 2022. It's releasing as a 2022 model.
And it's still sharing a platform with Tacoma. Done deal, not internet rumor.

It's not releasing IN 2022. It's releasing as a 2022 model.
And it's still sharing a platform with Tacoma. Done deal, not internet rumor.

Well I guess that settles that...
...bc ome dude on the internet (You)...
...declared it’s a done deal.

LOL

Bit don to feel bad.
-We are ALL just “some dude on the internet” until Mr. T says otherwise. :hillbilly:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom