TEMPORARY mounting of RTT atop 100?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
I am transporting an eezi-awn rooftent a 1000+ miles, not sleeping up there, just transport. I have no need for a formal roof rack, but not thinking the OEM rack will support it.

Any recommendations for cheap way to do this?

oem RR is rated for 150lbs, pretty sure the eezi-awn doesnt weigh more then that. you should be fine unless you secure it like an idiot.

Hey Scott, Redline on ExPo (Mall Crawler here) just finished a two week Utah trip and hit all the big name spots in his 4th Gen 4Runner (Just featured in Overland Journal). He bolted his EA on the factory Runner roof rack with no problems. I think I recall his OEM rack being rated at 120 lbs. and he even slept in it. I think his tent weighed around 112 lbs.

I forget whose crossbar mounts he used between Thule or Yakima. I'm sure he'd reply to a p.m.

Thanks guys, I will be carting the 2200, big long heavy thing, I'm guessing it is about 150lbs dry.

My RRT it mounted to the stock rack and has experienced 450lbs more then once without any issues.
100 solar roof.JPG

2x4's for crossbars. Ducktape them to the factory rails. Then strap the tent down with rachet straps.

2x4's for crossbars. Ducktape them to the factory rails. Then strap the tent down with rachet straps.

If you want something other than duct tape. Hose clamps work well. I've also used ubolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom