Temperature Sensor Mount Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched for an answer to this but I haven't found anything yet. I bought a new temp sensor to replace an old one that doesn't work. I put it on tonight but I can't get the the sensor to go down all the way. I probably only have a few threads on the sensor pipe mount. Is the sensor pipe mount too short or is the temp sensor too long? Has anyone else run into this problem? I know I have the correct year temp sensor. Can you shorten the temp sensor? Is there a longer sensor pipe mount? What kind of threads do these have? I don't want to crank down on this thing and destroy any threads. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_1737.jpg

I don't know but that mount may have been selected to suit that mechanical gauge probe in the pic. If that's the stock sensor you're putting in, then you may have to round up the stock mount.

The threads in the head are 1/2" BSPT. The threads on that mechanical probe are not tapered pipe threads and the seal isn't made by the threads. Those are straight threads and the seal is made at that brass flared/ring part of the probe.

Here's a few links on threads.

Diff between NPT BSPP & BSPT

BSP & NPT

I take it your removing the mechanical gauge and going back to the stock electrical gauge???

I am going back to stock. The mechanical gauge did fine but was mounted where my upper dash goes and I want to put that back on. Thanks for the help. Hopefully I can round up a mount.

I am going back to stock. The mechanical gauge did fine but was mounted where my upper dash goes and I want to put that back on. Thanks for the help. Hopefully I can round up a mount.

hi todd ,

this is a Factory Toyota Sensor Union , this one is designed to be used with a short style sender , with a spade terminal on top

your Long sender is Bottoming out inside the cylinder head because that Union u have is either too small or was replaced ?

Contact me through that same PM u have for the Water Boot , i can get u squared away on this Topic if need be

DSCN9813.JPG
DSCN9814.JPG

I don't know but that mount may have been selected to suit that mechanical gauge probe in the pic. If that's the stock sensor you're putting in, then you may have to round up the stock mount.

The threads in the head are 1/2" BSPT. The threads on that mechanical probe are not tapered pipe threads and the seal isn't made by the threads. Those are straight threads and the seal is made at that brass flared/ring part of the probe.

Here's a few links on threads.

Diff between NPT BSPP & BSPT

BSP & NPT

good call Steamer , on the seal being made at the Bevel inside ..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom