Tembotusk Skuttle Grill kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I'm looking for a flat surface grill with the burner all together in 1 assembly. I couldn't really find anything similar to this Tembotusk Skuttle grill. Is it really worth the $395? Is there anything else like it out there? Thank you
Tembotusk.JPG

Hi All,

I'm looking for a flat surface grill with the burner all together in 1 assembly. I couldn't really find anything similar to this Tembotusk Skuttle grill. Is it really worth the $395? Is there anything else like it out there? Thank youView attachment 2729363

I don't think you really want "flat", something with a rim or dish like the skottle. I've used a flat one, forget the name but it's quite annoying the grease drips off the lowest side, and you lose food flipping stuff around. The Tembo Tusk packs small, I'd say that's the best part. Found a good deal on one but I'm not sure it's worth retail. Maybe. The center is very hot, it's only a Coleman single burner. Other options depending on how much room you have would be the Fire Disc, or King Disc grill. Both have better burners but are obviously much larger.

Lastly, you could get a really good burner off McMaster Carr, and then look for a "comal", or other similar disk cooking pans. Some of these have two levels which make for a good cooking experience.

We have the biji-bbq over here. Made with parts from a disc plough. Comes with folding legs and handle in a canvas bag. Tough as nails. Check out the website.

Hi All,

I'm looking for a flat surface grill with the burner all together in 1 assembly. I couldn't really find anything similar to this Tembotusk Skuttle grill. Is it really worth the $395? Is there anything else like it out there? Thank youView attachment 2729363

iKamper is coming out with their version, the Disco... a direct competitor to the Skottle. Pricing will also be comparable.
I have the Biji-bbq.... cool too but a bit different than what you are looking for. For best value, search. "Discada" as said.

There's also these:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom