tell me about "anti-inversion" shackles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When thier installed correctly they don't do that!

The instruction on installation leave a lot to the imagination.

At least you bolted the spring on tight!

loomis said:
Are you guys saying that the shackle is upside down (top to bottom) or upside down meaning the triangulated side should be facing the front instead of the back....or both?
shackle is upside down. short side should go to the top

I love the fact that the first pic someone posted is of an antiinversion shackle that has gone inverted ;)

:D

You did better than the fourwheeler guys did, they had theirs on upside-down AND backwards.

They truly are experts in their field.

agent orange said:
You did better than the fourwheeler guys did, they had theirs on upside-down AND backwards.

They truly are experts in their field.
i saw that too...sent em an email, but that was the first thing i noticed.

How would having the shackle the other way around stop it from doing this...No matter which way you have it, it could still end up like that....couldnt it....explain this for me please.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there is a bolt missing.

here is a pic showing an anti-inversion shackle properly installed. there are 3 bolts. one of the bolts will hit the frame and stop the shackle from inverting. in the pic you can see the lower two bolts. the top bolt is behind the exhaust. i circled the shackle in the picture.

btw this pic is from today
antinv.jpg

Mace said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there is a bolt missing.

looks like he is missing a bolt and its backwards

it also looks like he has a body lift??? not a big fan of those...

maybe i'm getting old and blind, but where the hell do you see a hole or anything for a third bolt? these shackles might just "look" like anti-inversion or they are like the belton "anti-inversion" which just have the extra steel wing on one side with no bolt. (the beltons are just for the front, their rears have the 3rd bolt)

attachment.php

beaufort-fj60 said:
maybe i'm getting old and blind, but where the hell do you see a hole or anything for a third bolt? these shackles might just "look" like anti-inversion or they are like the belton "anti-inversion" which just have the extra steel wing on one side with no bolt. (the beltons are just for the front, their rears have the 3rd bolt)

attachment.php
You can't see the hole???

It is right there at the upper traingular part....

maybe he made his and didnt no they were suposed tohave the third bolt in it?

You guys really can't see the hole???

:confused:

Mace said:
You guys really can't see the hole???

:confused:

the only hole i see is in your story:flipoff2: draw a arrow to it.

i think they are on upsidedown and need to be turned 180. the fat part pointing at the steering stabalizer needs to be attached to the frame rail and on the inside not outside like it is in pic.

But my crayon won't show up on your monitor :confused:

Maybe he just thought that they looked cool that way. Id personally would rather see a trapezoid but thats just me.

Dodecahedron???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom