Tall Corn Cruiser Classic 2010: OFFICIAL THREAD (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have few newbie questions I need help with. I recently purchased a 2007 FJ Cruiser. I live in the Mpls. area and would love to make it down for part of the weekend at least. Questions:
1. Do I need to be some kind of TLCA club member to participate?
2. Do I need to register or can I just show up on Saturday and pay the $15 daily wheeling fee and hit the trails? If reg. is required can it be done at the event?
3. Most importantly, are there realistically any trails my poor, little bone stock FJC can reasonably handle?
Thanks for input in advance. I would love to meet some fellow mid-western Toy lovers this weekend.

1. No memberships needed. This is an open event.
2. Maybe. Worst case would be 30 dollar registration.
3. Yes, there are places for a stock FJC. Just not the creek. It's nasty down there right now.

Tony

Hmm, I guess I will be stuck doing drill this weekend. I might be able to make it over that way if I get out early for some reason. If not, will there be another get together or time when I could get together with someone to do some wheeling? I haven't done ANYTHING in this area (IA/IL) yet. Preferably with rigs similar to mine (although I will go with anyone).

Hmm, I guess I will be stuck doing drill this weekend. I might be able to make it over that way if I get out early for some reason. If not, will there be another get together or time when I could get together with someone to do some wheeling? I haven't done ANYTHING in this area (IA/IL) yet. Preferably with rigs similar to mine (although I will go with anyone).

Don't forget the MIOBI Club Labor Day Event, it goes on for 4 days

Whew, it's been a long, long work week for me. Gonna load the rig up this morning and come on down.

I hope to get a couple of days of wheeling in, but I'll be going home at night.

I hear the creek is flooded? Must be a blockage somewhere, it usually drains off pretty quick.:ban::grinpimp:

how's the turnout?

Not too bad - around 30 rigs I'm guessing.

Trails have changed a bit - seems like alot of the dirt that's been building up on the trails has washed down to the bottoms, leaving the trails alot more rocky than normal.

There are more ruts and they are deeper. The dirt has washed into some of them, filling them and making them hard to spot.

But the good part is, the rocky climbs have more traction and the hills and most of the trails are really dry.

The bottoms are messy and the creek has a fair bit of sand washed up on the edges, making it more difficult in the past, not to mention a couple more trees down across the creek.

Here's a couple of pics. Smart people negotiated around these ruts, I drove right in and promptly high-centered on my diffs and needed the school bus to pull me thru. - Doh!

I really wish I could have participated. Looks fun and so close. With my record, I would have been more likely to make it if it was 1,000 miles away.

Thank you everyone that came down , it was good to see all the old familiar faces and meet all the new ones. The weather was great and so was the food .:cheers:

I'd also like to thank the vendors for the great raffle prizes and remember what happens during the raffle stays there:eek:

Thanks

A hearty pat on the back to all who worked so hard registering, preparing food, setting up the drawing, cleaning up and everything else that made the event successful. - Larry

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in putting the event together, very well done!

Yes, thank you to all.

I am going though my pictures and videos will be on here soon. :D

Does anyone want to write an artical for Toyota Trails? Think about it.

Yes, thank you to all.

I am going though my pictures and videos will be on here soon. :D

Does anyone want to write an artical for Toyota Trails? Think about it.

someone could write an article for the IH8MUD home page too ;)

this event was an absolute blast. Thanks to everyone for the hard work putting it on, I will be at the next one that is a guarentee. Thanks again to all

some pics of the event
DSCN1187.jpg
DSCN1234.jpg
DSCN1233.jpg

Sorry....

But don't feel bad, you weren't the only one that weekend.

Tony
100_1133 copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom