Tall Corn Cruiser Classic 2008 Post-Event Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Really? SWEET!

So, what are you spending the $$$$ on? Swampers?

I was seriously thinking about some 35x12.5 Boggers, but after researching a bit, I don't think I like what I read about them not holding sidehills very well. Right now, I'm leaning towards the 35x12.5 LTB. Once the 40 is SOA, they will fit on either rig. Most likely, I will only be wheeling one or the other anyway, and without seeing any pavement, they should last a while. :cool:

Sorry to hear about the Cruiser getting broken into. That totally sucks. :mad::mad:

Tony

:meh: whatcha gunna do?..... Oh well.

Yeah, the tread on boggers moves vehicles in one direction- forward. They'd be great at Dan's place, but not good if you went someplace w/ rocky terrain. I like the SX, the LTB, etc.....

Oh, and if you have a choice, I wouldn't go wider than a 11.5" tire.

What's all this talk about "swampers," "mudders," and "boggers?" Go stock tires! They did just fine, and you get better mpg.

:grinpimp:

j/k - I want some mudders too, or at least all-terrain tires.

What's all this talk about "swampers," "mudders," and "boggers?" Go stock tires! They did just fine, and you get better mpg.

:grinpimp:

j/k - I want some mudders too, or at least all-terrain tires.

Because of the drop in mpg with the mud tires, we (Randy) switch them out when we wheel...it is easy for us since we don't get to very often. We have Cooper STTs for wheeling - they are supposed to be good for mud, rocks, & snow. I think Tom Davis (yellow FJ from NE at TCCC) has the same tires.

Because of the drop in mpg with the mud tires, we (Randy) switch them out when we wheel...it is easy for us since we don't get to very often. We have Cooper STTs for wheeling - they are supposed to be good for mud, rocks, & snow. I think Tom Davis (yellow FJ from NE at TCCC) has the same tires.

Yeah, that's an option too (having another set of tires), but I don't have the room to store them.

Yeah, that's an option too (having another set of tires), but I don't have the room to store them.

Silly- that's what the kitchen is for!

(Duh!)

Called Flatt Tire Center - they don't carry Swampers anymore!! The only 35 inch mud tire they have is Nitto Mud Grappler. Impressive looking tire that I think would do fine, but at $276 a pop a little pricey for me. I don't know what I'm going to do yet......

Mark - Doc's right, that's what the kitchen is for :D

Tony

Tony

My husband feels ANY room in the house is fine for storing parts. I won't tell you where he had his supercharger, guages for his pickup, spacers for the FJ, for many months!!! Safer inside the house than in the garage, especially with the 'guard dogs' we have! :rolleyes:

My husband feels ANY room in the house is fine for storing parts. I won't tell you where he had his supercharger, guages for his pickup, spacers for the FJ, for many months!!! Safer inside the house than in the garage, especially with the 'guard dogs' we have! :rolleyes:

Lance is the same way. The kitchen, living room, dining room, and computer room all house various parts and tools. From what I can tell, that's just a guy thing in general! I mean, where else would you look for a valve cover gasket but next to the toaster oven??? :lol:

LOL! I guess I have a long way to go then... It's just that the road unfortunately will travel right by my wife, who, oddly enough, doesn't think car parts belong next to a 6 month old baby-girl.

Looks like the new issue of 4WD Toyota Owner is out...this is Justin from Redline Land Cruisers...

SO08cover.jpg

Awesome!!! Thanks Art!

Called Flatt Tire Center - they don't carry Swampers anymore!! The only 35 inch mud tire they have is Nitto Mud Grappler. Impressive looking tire that I think would do fine, but at $276 a pop a little pricey for me. I don't know what I'm going to do yet......

Tony

The tire store should be able to get quite a few 35" mud tires. There are several off brand names that their supplier can provide. Mud Dawg & Hankook Dyna Pro MT's are just a few of the cheaper tires that guys run in our club with great results. Good luck!

Later,

The tire store should be able to get quite a few 35" mud tires. There are several off brand names that their supplier can provide. Mud Dawg & Hankook Dyna Pro MT's are just a few of the cheaper tires that guys run in our club with great results. Good luck!

Later,

I can honestly say that the Hankook's are the chit...I'm on my second set, the first set last me right around 50K miles (and still about a 1/4" of tread). They took some hard bumps and slashes to the sidewalls as well and held strong.

Later,

If you are looking for swampers, pm or call me. 515-441-0338

-Luke

TCCC08 Article submitted to TT today. If anyone is interested in doing a write up for T4WDO, please speak up...It would be good to have 2 completely separate stories of the weekend.

-Art

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom