Talk me out of 295 70r 17s Cooper AT3s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of building a Land Cruiser. The LC will have an ICON lift on it. Any reason not to use the 295/70/r17s AT3 tires? Looks like a great all around AT tire. Any other Cooper Tires you recommend? I have to stay with Cooper brand...

Thanks for any insights and thoughts.

I’ve run Discoverer AT3’s on my 4R previously and currently run on my LC (LT285/65/18). They handle well, wear well, get decent traction while looking unassuming and are quiet on road. The 4R currently wears Discoverer STT Pros and I love them on a purpose built rig. They are aggressive and not exactly quiet but that’s not an issue on my 4R. When the 4R wore the AT3’s, it still did some pretty impressive stuff off road, so they won’t let you down. I haven’t tried the S/T Maxx but they appear to be a nice compromise between the two. It all depends on the purpose and look you’re going for...

I am in the process of building a Land Cruiser. The LC will have an ICON lift on it. Any reason not to use the 295/70/r17s AT3 tires? Looks like a great all around AT tire. Any other Cooper Tires you recommend? I have to stay with Cooper brand...

Thanks for any insights and thoughts.

What is the offset of the wheels you plan to use?

The 295/70r17 would be an awesome size. Just over 33's, with some beef. Very similar to my 305/55/20s in overall dimensions.

To gaijin's point, you may need to run some spacers if using stock wheels. 1" spacers all around would put them just right in terms of clearance to KDSS. But it would also put them at the right offset geometry for scrub radius. And get you some added track to maintain cornering stability.

Let me check on the offset. The tires will be mounted on some ICON Six Speed Wheels....I think its 5.75...

Let me check on the offset. The tires will be mounted on some ICON Six Speed Wheels....I think its 5.75...

They are probably 25mm ...

Yeah...I think the offset would be 25mm. Think I will have any issues with fit? Thx

I would go with the ST Maxx. It's listed as all terrain but really has an aggressive tread for a tire listed as all terrain. I've been seriously considering it.

thinking I might be up the tire size to 285/75/r17s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom