Tail lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone able to tell me the diameter of the older style tail lights?I plan on doing something similar with the rear of my BJ42 but with reverse, indicator and stop/tail.
Toyota-FJ40-Land-Cruiser-8.jpg

The picture you show looks like later model, '69 and on, the diameter is just about 5 5/16" or 134mm....these lights are still available in the US.

Thinking of having a large indicator on the outside then a smaller stop/tail and reverse lights.
I have a split hood, early round indicators, round bezel and old style emblems on the front and I'd like to "back date" the rear end as well.
Going to get plates laser cut and mount the LED tail lights on them.

@Usernametaken - I've dreamt of this too. How will you execute? Do you have a design I could see?

Are you allowed to do this in Australia? By the mid sixties Australia had it's own tail lights with red brake/tail lights and amber turn signals. Seems I've read any safety mods had to be approved. While in the US we can put in any seats we want that's not the case there.

I have a lift, big tyres and extended shackles as well, if they pull me up on it I'll just take her for inspection.
I'll use all ADR approved lights so hopefully there won't be an issue.
@cult45 I'm just going to get some LED lights of appropriate size and take a basic drawing of the plate I want cut up to a friend who does laser and water jet cutting.
Then I'll just put it all together and wire it up. I'm just winging it and hoping it looks good.

@Usernametaken I was gonna use the OEM brake, single reverse [like I do now] and a pair of these. They're Harley bullet taillights/indictors. Really well mfrd.

19007_1350x900_RGB_72DPI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom