switch from cable to synthetic easily on 9.5 XP?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The winch I really want is the Warn 9.5 XP-S with the synthetic line for my Slee short bus. Its $1450 plus tax after the $100 rebate. Pricey. So I find this 9.5 XP on Craigslist, which is cable, for a good price. (First pic). It looks a little different from the 9.5 XP on the Warn website(2nd pic), with the solenoid over the drum rather than off to the side. Anyone know why?

So is it as simple as swapping the cable/roller for a synthetic/hawse or does the XP-S have parts like the drum that are different than the XP to accomodate synthetic rope?

Or should I just bite the bullet and get the Warn XP-S already set up?

Ive never owned a winch so im pretty clueless about it all.

3K63Ja3N45L35Ed5M9d414603cfa298361dd5.jpg

9.5xp.jpg

9-1.5xp.jpg

You pretty much have it. You will need an aluminum hawse fairlead and synthetic line. Strip off the old cable, make sure the drum isn't too gnarly from the cable (sharp spots), install the new syn line and fairlead. That's it!

the winch has never been used, just bought for a project and never installed. i was just thinking that maybe the drum or other internals were different between the 2.

Do yourself a favor and get MasterPull's Superline XD. I went from steel cable on my 9.5XP to OX syn then after snapping that I upped to the S-XD. Sheathed and no washing required.

No relation other than I'm 100% pleased with the product after several years of use now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom