Sway bar quick disconnect..the day is here! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thats right folks if you didn't know well now ya do. 2007fj Mark...on fjccentral..or fjcruiserforums has produced what we have wanted for 3 years now and its amazing:popcorn:

DISCO TIME
518478894_7d1b347489_b.jpg

swaybardiscobaby006.jpg

Allpro sway bar relocator provided by Tibaal spur of the moment:cheers: when we realized this was needed for install.
swaybardiscobaby004.jpg

swaybardiscobaby001.jpg

The install was easy as pie until we realized the new disco link was tagging the spindle. Called 2007fj and he said we needed the relocator which we were guessing I would need since all the ones installed on other rigs had icons with relocators.
We left it discoed and cruised over to tibaals APT and low and behold he had them left over from his fox 2.5 shock install..and amazingly he had the hardware too:rofl: cruised back and it took 10 minutes to install the relocators and get the set up completed. Already from the drive with no sway bars I love it...going over curbs is NOTHING...going over speed bumps is NOTHING...this really makes the IFS what its supposed to be INDEPENDENT:cheers:
Badass I cant say more about how awesome Mark 2007fj is, his craftsmanship is a work of art, and he's a great guy...the sway bar was very well packaged no damage nothing missing and even instructions ...not that they are really needed but he did provide torque specs and what not.
THANK YOU TIBAAL for the help installing it, the relocators and everything brotha! THANK you Mark for creating one of the best mods I've purchased or seen for the fj cruiser::beer: SOO EXCITED can ya tell::p:

Here are pics from Pitbull on the blue rm showing how its discoed...ya just turn the wheel to driver as far as possible and follow these easy steps.
539031728_fPP8n-M.jpg

539032643_LcPg5-M.jpg

539033538_mf3zF-M.jpg

First, remove two 3/4" bolts (torqued at 85 lbs.)
539036317_sGJH2-M.jpg

539035419_7ef3K-M.jpg

Second, swing away the disconnected part.
539037197_qSpee-M.jpg

Third, remove pin at the link.
539038028_8bCLd-M.jpg

539038864_9xMsK-M.jpg

Fourth...you're now disconnected, lol...turn heim joint 180 so its upside down and insert pin back in slot while putting it around spindle to prevent it flopping around
539039883_uuRRp-M.jpg

THIS IS AN ADDITIONal OPTION given by 2007fj
The other side of the sway bar has a heavy duty greasable link
539040815_rrPVK-M.jpg

Let me know if yall need to contact him or further info..or join one of the other forums and look him up.

My rig is stuck at the dealer after taking the skids off yesterday I had a major diff leak otherwise I'd be testing this out. I will update yall with tripod pics of it DISCOED and connected to show the difference. ALso testing the use of no limit straps before going that route..we have a new product we are discussing on FJCCEntral that will help with the install of the limit straps so stay tuned. Hope ya like the new products.

Awesome mod Trailbus! Please give us the lowdown once you have done some wheelin. If I hear a good report I may try to build one myself.

these look awesome, how much do they run, and what else does 2007fj Mark make for the FJ?

He made a custom roof rack and some other things..the guys is a certified welder by trade so its done correctly.

I by chance won demello sliders at a raffle 2 days before these were available to the public and sold them quick as hell..so for me $115 dollars for you around $415-430ish depending on paypal fees or not. Please contact him directly to get the exact pricing..I will include his email here tomorrow when I get a chance. ALso this is CORE product so you send him your sway bar with no links attached..if you opt not to use the heavy duty greaseable link you will need 1 stock one. NOt sure how much the heavy duty greaseable link is either so you will have to ask. But damn nice quality and most of us know how much better the fj performs off road without a sway bar...I travel quite a bit so needed the option to attach it back quickly and this is freaking perfect:D

YEP awesome just !!!!..was going to test today on the trail but my first generation allpro skid wouldn't fit last night..they were made before sway bar relocators were available. SO had to order up a new skid from them, second generation..which was needed seeing as it was so damaged from my accident in January and rock crawling. I could care less I'M STILL STOKED!

is it possible to just leave the sway bars off completely or do you need them for driving on paved roads?

wow looks nice, looks awesome. thanks for posting the detailed pics as well.

how bad will the handling suffer, does it make it hard to keep the truck stable?

On the freeway is where it gets most dangerous hence this SWAY bar quick disco. Around town if you watch your speed and turns its not that bad..but we travel enough where the money put forth for this offsets the thought of dying on a freeway :lol:

Okay tested last night and this is by far my most favorite mod since getting lifted WOW what a difference. The fiancee TrAiLbUsTy1 was way more comfortable and not getting tossed around...also on off camber things which she hated it makes it 50% if not more. The overall feel is 70 percent better while offroading I just cant say enough about this.

In 30 seconds OFF the sway bar came. Here are the testing pics from last night

Okay teasers
Swaybarrun001.jpg

Swaybarrun005.jpg

Swaybarrun025.jpg

Swaybarrun057.jpg

Before
Italiantrapflextests039.jpg

Italiantrapflextests036.jpg

Italiantrapflextests033.jpg

Italiantrapflextests035.jpg

Italiantrapflextests037.jpg

After
Swaybarrun084.jpg

Swaybarrun078.jpg

Front driver
Swaybarrun082.jpg

Swaybarrun081.jpg

Front passenger::cheers:
Swaybarrun086.jpg

looks pretty awesome looks like ill be saving up for a pair. Is he making them production now, or is it custom to order?

Dude,I am so going to build my self a disco! Thanks for the great pics Jake.

You can leave it off...if you want. But your on road handling will suffer. Some don't mind it, but I do.

..x2

I took mine off and drove it for a week. felt very loose and all over the place, so I put it right back on.

Dude,I am so going to build my self a disco! Thanks for the great pics Jake.

WOuld love to see what you come up with keep us posted:cheers:

Got myself some quad limit straps from this place Limiting Straps should be here by Monday or Tuesday...I installed PROCRAP limit straps 18" from full droop brought it up 2" and they still stretched to full droop WTF so I am replacing them with those quads. 18" puts you right where the OEM engine mudflap hole is already drilled (1" above full droop) just gotta bore it out a bit with 3/8's then 1/2". I also have a hole 1" above that incase they stretch but i highly doubt it.

Pics from south texas cruiser
IMG00391.jpg

IMG00392.jpg

IMG00393.jpg

If anyone is doing this mod and needs limit straps with big tires I highly reccomend going with the quads.

ANyone wanna buy some procomp 18" straps:flipoff2:

Jake, is the price of those quad straps for one or two? Can't seem find to figure it out on the website.
Btw, thanks for for testing the pro-craps first, I have been debating on weather or not to buy those straps. Guess I know the answer now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom