Sunroof repair: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tree branch through the sunroof on my 97 Collector's Series; headed to the shop tomorrow. What else should be done while it is opened up?

Pull the headliner, drop the unit, clean it thoroughly, lube all tracks and mechanisms, reinstall and make sure that when the glass ireplaced that the shim location and thicknesses are noted.

Clean all drain tube (or replace them)
Buy new plastic corners for the sunroof.

Or just remove the sunroof and roof rack, weld fill all holes and repaint.

It's pretty easy to replace. Just pop the trim off from the inside and remove the nuts all the way around. Pops right out after that. I ordered a used one online and replaced it in about 45 minutes

where are these panels; seems someone should make some sheet metal filler panels?

where are these panels; seems someone should make some sheet metal filler panels?

None made for a drop-in. One-off done by a body shop or the owner fabricating a cover / patch panel. Welded in and skim coated with filler and smoothed out.

The sunroof cover panel interior remains and sometimes is used for a storage area.

It's pretty easy to replace. Just pop the trim off from the inside and remove the nuts all the way around. Pops right out after that. I ordered a used one online and replaced it in about 45 minutes

Did you have to drop the headliner?

Be prepared to replace some of the plastic trim on the inside. It is brittle

Be prepared to replace some of the plastic trim on the inside. It is brittle

Yep. Each of the four pieces broke immediately when I started to remove them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom