sunroof glass delete/replace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay so heres the short version of my situation. 6 weeks ago I bought a previously automatic 87 4runner with no drivetrain for 800 bucks (this truck is red), I have since rebuilt and installed a 22re and w56 out of my previous 4runner (this ones black) that I rolled but thats beside the point. the current problem I'm having is the sunroof, the glass is fine but the frame is so heavily rusted that I'm honestly worried the whole thing is going to fly out while I'm driving down the road. my previous truck (the black one) had a sunroof as well and the frame is fine but the glass shattered when I rolled the truck.
my current plan is to remove the broken glass from the sunroof frame out of the black truck and weld/attach a piece of cold rolled sheet steel onto the empty sunroof frame. This way I can paint the metal and install it in my red truck so it doesn't look janky or cobbled together and as an added bonus I will still be able to remove the "sunroof" for nice days.

has anyone tried anything like this and if so are there any tips/things i should keep in mind or watch out for?

I've already looked at that and its not what I'm looking for, wrong generation of trucks. thx anyway tho

Here you go - -This is what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom