Sunday Drive: Campfire and Smokies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.

Seems we have a nice weekend coming up. @bj70_guy and I are considering a day trip to either Hale or Chehalis, have a fire and cook some smokies.

Mid morning meet at the Sasquatch Inn, then head out. Most likely driving back in the dark.

gb

11:00 am Departure from the Sasquatch Pub

gb

Not sure the GX would make Hale, gotta pickup the boy from camp anyway.

Have a great day out, bring us some pics back...

Ya'll want pictures eh...

IMG_4651.jpg

It was a wonderful day for a Sunday drive. Three trucks. We headed to Hale Creek, down the hard way. When we got there we decided to head over to Fossil to have our campfire and cook a late lunch. We headed back up around 15:45. The 60 was unlocked so we ended up winching it up the last bit. We made a quick decision when all were at the top of the entrance of fossil to head back up the hard way.

On a clear and innocuous section of road at dusk I failed to see a 3" branch off a tree beside the road and this happened. Somewhere else on the road a tree reached out and snapped off the dual band antenna mount on the other 80. Trees 2...Landcruisers 0. It was a good time, till it wasn't, but even then it still was...if that makes sense.
IMG_4653.jpg
IMG_4655.jpg

That was a bummer end to a really good day.
Was sure nice to get out on what is likely the last good sunny weekend of the year. Thanks to Greg for actually making it happen and Daryl for doing most of the leading us around. Good times... until they weren't but still were. :beer:

Carnage is never appreciated, was a great day to be out though :beer:

I always prefer to damage a fender or door that can be replaced..still sucks.

Looks like a good run.:beer::clap::clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom