Sumo, or Marlin gear reduction????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who's got what?
From what I've read they seem almost identical.
My LX450 is going to be getting some off road upgrades this winter, and i'm just wondering what y'all have used.
I won't be buying the TG gears so please don't bother mentioning them.

Thanks!

Marlin is getting out of that game, so they have theirs discounted until they are gone.

I have neither, but was gonna go with Marlin.

Marlin is getting out of that game, so they have theirs discounted until they are gone.

I have neither, but was gonna go with Marlin.

Well s***! They are on sale right now, "while supplies last" Guess I should look at purchasing sooner than later.
That or I've answered my own question if they sell out before i can have the chance to purchase.

I'd go with Trail Gear.

:flipoff2:

Har har har. Y’all gots jokes.

I'm not in the know, did TG mess up?

I'm not in the know, did TG mess up?

Mine are and have installed a bunch of Marlin, wouldn't hesitate on the Sumo. That said, have installed a few sets of Trail Gear, all of them work well, run quiet, zero issues, pick your poison.

Mine are and have installed a bunch of Marlin, wouldn't hesitate on the Sumo. That said, have installed a few sets of Trail Gear, all of them work well, run quiet, zero issues, pick your poison.

Thanks! This is the kind of stuff I’m looking for.

Well s***! They are on sale right now, "while supplies last" Guess I should look at purchasing sooner than later.
That or I've answered my own question if they sell out before i can have the chance to purchase.
Wonder if they're discontinuing to make way for new lower low gears...:hmm:

Yeah, everybody else's profit margins.

While simultaneously providing better customer service, though.

I like to lie to myself when I pull the shifter back and think that my gears are $700 better than trail gears', but deep down I know the truth.

I love Marlin, I started buying from them 18 years ago, but my $1k gearset that didn't even come with instructions, let alone a shift knob was a far cry from the days when Marlin was autographing each minitruck gearset personally before they went out.

That said, I would have no problem buying the Sumo gears, though the Marlins at just over $600 aren't terrible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom