Subtle vibration at 60-70mph (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First, a background; I recently had the front bearings and CV shafts replaced this past summer as well as a new rear driveline. My LX is converted into an LC using Slee's offroad 2.5" heavy duty lift OME parts(shocks and Torsion bars). Removed that ridiculous AHC. At roughly 60-70mph, I have a subtle vibration. Maybe I am hyper sensitive but nonetheless, its irritating. Has anyone had this issue, if so, what can be done to alleviate it.

Side note, from stop to around 20MPH I have a clunk clunk in what appears to be the front driver side area however, everyone that has looked at it, says "nope, nothing wrong here, everything looks good".

Is it the slight transmission shudder issue from the vent lines allowing condensation in that some 04/05 have?

First, a background; I recently had the front bearings and CV shafts replaced this past summer as well as a new rear driveline. My LX is converted into an LC using Slee's offroad 2.5" heavy duty lift OME parts(shocks and Torsion bars). Removed that ridiculous AHC. At roughly 60-70mph, I have a subtle vibration. Maybe I am hyper sensitive but nonetheless, its irritating. Has anyone had this issue, if so, what can be done to alleviate it.

Side note, from stop to around 20MPH I have a clunk clunk in what appears to be the front driver side area however, everyone that has looked at it, says "nope, nothing wrong here, everything looks good".

Hi,

my 1998 Model LC without any modifications has had subtle vibration(only I feel it) around 60-70 miles/hour for a while. I was told it is due to left rear wheel that is bent because of an impact.

Is it the slight transmission shudder issue from the vent lines allowing condensation in that some 04/05 have?
I dont think so, i think its more of a drivetrain issue. Its moreso on deceleration now. I think it may be hypersensitivity.

I had an 05 for about a year back in 12/13 and it had a weird harmonic thing we never figured out. Replaced driveshaft, u joints, tires, wheels....never figured it out. I wonder now if it was the trans.

I have tried to search both here and Google for this trans issue mentioned can someone please elaborate more and if there is a fix. I have an 05 that seems to have a slight vibration above 65

This is a funny topic for me personally. I had a 99 LC and drove it from MN to CO with no issue. Threw some new meats (Firestone destination AT's) on 18"wheels. The shudder/shake appeared under acceleration in your speed range mentioned.

Drove and bought a 99 LX with just the clunk after coming to a stop.Seapped out wheels from the LC and I have the same shudder.

Removed ACH for the 2.5 OME heavy duty and no change. What I won't do is start swapping out every little thing to track down the problem. What I will do is get off my ass next week and pop into Slee's for a diagnosis and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom