Stuck in center diff and need ideas….. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1998 Land Cruiser 324K / came out one morning and started the vehicle. Put it in reverse and noticed the yellow center diff light on. Thought odd so I put it in neutral and shifted to 4L. Took it back out of 4L and shifted to 4H. Yellow light remained and its remained there for the past week. I can drive it but of course right turns on pavement are quite difficult.

I’ve tried shifting in and out of 4L, putting in neutral and rolling backwards down a hill, and ever other trick I could think of. Still in center diff lock.

Heading to my mechanic in the morning but just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or might have some suggestions? Thanks.

Yeah my long legs bumped into the diff lock switch a couple times, so I moved it to the left of the steering wheel for this exact reason. It turned on while on the highway one time!

I was able to get it out of diff lock by making sure I was in 4H, and the switch was turned off (button is not pressed in), and put it in reverse while turning sharply to one side. The people in the rest stop probably were very confused as to what I was doing, but it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom