Stuck Crawl Control switch/lever/speed controller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've recently put my car in 4LO realize that the crawl control speed control (when crawl control is on) or terrrain type selector (when crawl control is off) is not working. It just stuck on the lower 2 levels and not able to get to the top 3 levels. Does anyone else experience this issue before? I'm not sure if I've accidently spilled something on the button and probably dirty the contact. if so, is there an easy way to replace or clean up this button?

What year? And LX or LC? My 13 cruiser has a knob for crawl control speeds and it was a bit sticky when I got it. Spilled coffee or something. I was able to pull that knob straight out and clean the hole with a wet q-tip.

What year? And LX or LC? My 13 cruiser has a knob for crawl control speeds and it was a bit sticky when I got it. Spilled coffee or something. I was able to pull that knob straight out and clean the hole with a wet q-tip.
2013 LX and it has the lever on the middle console, next to the cup holder so drinks probably spilled in there over time.

You can try a can of electronics cleaner and try to get the cleaner within the guts of the switch. Manipulating the dial simultaneously. Of course, make sure the car if off while doing this.

It won't vaporize whatever gunk is in there. Will hopefully get it off the contacts. But there's a chance it causes whatever residue to get deeper, and hopefully there's not some circuit board under the switch mechanism that could be negatively effected.

There is a board underneath, with pressure sensors on it. You have to remove the cup holder, ashtray/seat cooler/heater unit, side leathers and hand brake cover. Then the whole console bottom pops out. There are 4-5 connectors underneath the cup holder that absolutely SUCK to remove. The switch unit you are talking about is screwed into the console you are removing, and you detach it and disassemble much of it. The toggle levers themselves I do not recall being able to remove, but the board below them you can, and then clean it.

There is a board underneath, with pressure sensors on it. You have to remove the cup holder, ashtray/seat cooler/heater unit, side leathers and hand brake cover. Then the whole console bottom pops out. There are 4-5 connectors underneath the cup holder that absolutely SUCK to remove. The switch unit you are talking about is screwed into the console you are removing, and you detach it and disassemble much of it. The toggle levers themselves I do not recall being able to remove, but the board below them you can, and then clean it.

I tried to remove it and perhaps check the connection underneath, and I agree with you, it's a PITA to remove. I'll try again and see what happens. This is probably something not worth the cost to replace. I guess I can tolerate with sticking with the lower 2 levels.

I tried to remove it and perhaps check the connection underneath, and I agree with you, it's a PITA to remove. I'll try again and see what happens. This is probably something not worth the cost to replace. I guess I can tolerate with sticking with the lower 2 levels.

Other than those horrid connections the rest is pretty easy! I end up popping the panel up and then slowly disconnecting one by one, leaving the ones below the toggle switches for last - gives you enough “give” to get a good angle on it

I just want to give an update on this fix. So I was able to remove the panel and took everything apart to fix the button. As you can see from the pictures below, there are multiple small plungers that push the copper buttons onto the circuit board as you rock the lever positions. What happened was some sugary sticky stuffs spilled over the buttin and made its way to where the plunger was and lock them in place. I took everything apart, clean the sugary stuffs with water and alcohol and now it's good as new.

IMG_20200517_115306.jpg

IMG_20200517_115559.jpg

IMG_20200517_115657.jpg

IMG_20200517_115822.jpg

IMG_20200517_120307.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom