Stubborn leaf spring pin removal ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of installing a Dobinson lift on my 82 FJ60. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to remove the leaf spring pins. They are seized to the rubber bushings in the leaf springs. I've tried spraying them with lube, prying on them and using a 4 lb hammer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the process of installing a Dobinson lift on my 82 FJ60. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to remove the leaf spring pins. They are seized to the rubber bushings in the leaf springs. I've tried spraying them with lube, prying on them and using a 4 lb hammer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I had one stuck on the front passenger side. Heated it up with a torch and then used a long bar from the driver side and a large hammer to push it out. Couldn’t get enough power on the pin otherwise due to the limit swinging space under there.

Once we got it started I was able to beat on the flange end that was now sticking out to put some rotation on the pin. That finally helped getting it all the way out. It was the hardest part of doing my lift was getting that one pin out. Good luck!

A thin cutting disc on an angle grinder can get between the spring and the hanger to cut the pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom