Strange timing belt noise w/ video (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Ruster

2LT Sufferer
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all here I am again. I swear I ask more questions then I do answer. I’ll switch one day

So I just noticed on my 2L when idling I hear this WRRRRRR WRRRRRR noise I’ve pinpointed to the timing belt area. I have replaced the belt and water pump recently but not the tensioner or idler. They felt fine to me but I wouldn’t mind changing them out if that is what this is.

At a higher RPM it is constant but I’ve never noticed it until now.

Was the noise present before the timing belt / water pump work or only afterwards?

Always replace every pulley and tensioner when doing any timing belt work. It only costs $100-$200 more and saves tons of labor + possibly saves your engine.

I use this for noise diagnosis. It helps immensely.

Amazon product ASIN B0002SQYSM

Was the noise present before the timing belt / water pump work or only afterwards?

Always replace every pulley and tensioner when doing any timing belt work. It only costs $100-$200 more and saves tons of labor + possibly saves your engine.

I use this for noise diagnosis. It helps immensely.

Amazon product ASIN B0002SQYSM
it was not present however I had rebuilt the entire engine whilst doing the timing belt.

it was not present however I had rebuilt the entire engine whilst doing the timing belt.
Oh wow. That could be absolutely anything in that case.

Get a stethoscope. Noises are weird. I thought my water pump was failing. Turned out it was the P/S pump way down below it. The stethoscope made it super apparent when pinpointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom